Putting A Link Inside Of A Youtube Comment?

I was watching a youtube video and seen someone put a link in their comment, a direct text link that looked like WWW.WHATEVER.COM but it looked like it was in a different font. I have tried before to put a link in a youtube comment but it says "error" and I know I could add spaces in the link but was wondering how this guy posted one that looked proper. Any ideas how he did this? maybe tamperdata plugin or something?

Could you provide the youtube link?

Edited by Infiltrator

They probably used unicode characters that look like normal fonts. IronGeek did something similar with Twitter messages and has something on his site as to how to do it.Might work on YouTUBE as well. http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/unicode-and-lsb-stego-code

@DigiP - I was looking into win character map and noticed they have (uni-codes?) for each symbol like U+0238 or something simuliar to that, I remember when I used to make ascii art I would use alt+a # to create a char like â•™ on the char map is the u+# the same as alt+# to create the character wanted? Thanks for the steg link, looks interesting but it was not a picture, I do not think you can put pictures in youtube comments unless it is a link they click on to see the pic.

@Infiltrator - I forget the link, I will see if I can find another, I was just surfing music videos and seen it in the top rated comments.

@DigiP - I was looking into win character map and noticed they have (uni-codes?) for each symbol like U+0238 or something simuliar to that, I remember when I used to make ascii art I would use alt+a # to create a char like â•™ on the char map is the u+# the same as alt+# to create the character wanted? Thanks for the steg link, looks interesting but it was not a picture, I do not think you can put pictures in youtube comments unless it is a link they click on to see the pic.

@Infiltrator - I forget the link, I will see if I can find another, I was just surfing music videos and seen it in the top rated comments.

While IronGeek has info on picture steganography, he also has done work with ascii steganography. Did you bother to look at the link I posted? its called "Unicode Steganography" and is the first section of th epage, as where the second part is about using pictures such as PNG instead of JPGs. IronGeek used to post messaged to twitter using his unicode messages and they would look similar to normal text, but they were actually other unicode characters, which if don't correctly, could be used to send specific bits of info for command and control systems, such as a twitter bot-net. (Digininja has done a lot of work on his own Twitter/LinkedIn command and control bot-net proof of concent called kreiosc2 : http://www.digininja.org/kreiosc2/)

While IronGeek has info on picture steganography, he also has done work with ascii steganography. Did you bother to look at the link I posted? its called "Unicode Steganography" and is the first section of th epage, as where the second part is about using pictures such as PNG instead of JPGs. IronGeek used to post messaged to twitter using his unicode messages and they would look similar to normal text, but they were actually other unicode characters, which if don't correctly, could be used to send specific bits of info for command and control systems, such as a twitter bot-net. (Digininja has done a lot of work on his own Twitter/LinkedIn command and control bot-net proof of concent called kreiosc2 : http://www.digininja.org/kreiosc2/)

Yes I looked at it but must not have read the whole thing, was probuly stoned lol I will re-read it again. I have heard about using twitter to control computers remotely, very interesting stuff.. I will take another look at it thanks man.

@DigiP - I looked at both and do not think that is what I am talking about but a cool read though.

@Infiltrator - Ok, I found another example of what I am talking about and print screened it, before the link I seen had a .com though instead of a .tk like in the pic. Here is the link, video is not important unless you are into music production -

it is currently the top comment, it is the same basic concept the domain extention is just different as you can see the font looks a little different also.

Screen dump -

http://img576.imageshack.us/i/youtubewtf.jpg/

@DigiP - I looked at both and do not think that is what I am talking about but a cool read though.

@Infiltrator - Ok, I found another example of what I am talking about and print screened it, before the link I seen had a .com though instead of a .tk like in the pic. Here is the link, video is not important unless you are into music production -

it is currently the top comment, it is the same basic concept the domain extention is just different as you can see the font looks a little different also.

Screen dump -

http://img576.imageshack.us/i/youtubewtf.jpg/

Its like I was saying before, hes using a different ascii character set or unicode font encoding, similar to what IronGeek was doing on Twitter.

If you view the source of the page and isolate the web URL, then on a new line manually type the same thing, then view in HEX, you can see he is using special encoded characters, that looks like english fonts.

ef bc b7 ef bc b7 ef bc b7 2e ef bc a2 ef bc a5 ef bc a1 ef bc b4 ef bc ad ef bc a1 ef bc ab ef bc a5 ef bc b2 ef bc 92 2e ef bc b4 ef bc ab = WWW.BEATMAKER2.TK

57 57 57 2e 42 45 41 54 4d 41 4b 45 52 32 2e 54 4b 0a = WWW.BEATMAKER2.TK

Edited by digip

DigiP, you are genius. Thank you! :)

edit:: does not look like Kreios is made for windows, got it and it looks all like a bunch of ruby on rails files, I read the readme file and it looks like it needs to be compiled and some code edited first? have you used this program yet?

Edited by 555

DigiP, you are genius. Thank you! :)

edit:: does not look like Kreios is made for windows, got it and it looks all like a bunch of ruby on rails files, I read the readme file and it looks like it needs to be compiled and some code edited first? have you used this program yet?

I've not used either of their programs, but I've seen some of IronGeeks twitter posts a few months back when he was experimenting with it and they looked similar to the youtube comment you linked to. After viewing the source with Notepad++ (I set Opera to use it instead of the built in viewer) I can then view it in hex(via Notepad++ hex editor plugin) and was able to compae it to normal text which is what I posted above. Not sure how they get it encoded for the web page, although I'm pretty sure it requires some other page script or program to render the obfuscated code and they then copy and past the output or post directly from whatever program they are using.

Got the compiled program but still have not got it to work yet, will not give up lol

I also tried to use that unicode / .png steg program and it did not work I made sure it was under 140 char's, tried to make a steg avatar for Hak5, no deal.. must be a user error. If you can get it to work, then much props.

Edited by 555