Run Software In My Own Cloud

phobos21

Dos anyone know how to run windows software in the cloud running on a ubuntu box. I wont the kids in my Boy Scout troop to be able to see what requirements they need to work on. The software only runs on windows and i think these will be easer than giving them all the software and sending them the updates.

How would they interact with this in the cloud without some sort of client though? Is it web based stuff they can access via a web browser?

Might be easier to just set up a website/web page where you post the info they need to work on, and then they can just visit the site for details.

edit:by the way, you can run windows apps in linux using wine, but even for something like this, how would they reach it in the cloud?

Edited by digip

What kind of software is it?

The library probably won't be letting them plug in any usb adapters, but that depends on the policy of the library. My suggestion is to still just post what they need on a site they can access. That way, whether at home or from a library, all they'll need is the URL. No need to carry a thumb drive around or risk getting infected from the library and then infecting their home machines later.

here's a thought, although it may or may not work.

In Episode 8x07 Darren had talked about running apps with X11 over SSH. So could you in theory run a windows application through wine over SSH to a windows box? I know that sounds odd, but it would work for this situation if the library is like the ones around here. They allow installation of applications and ghost at reboot.