[Version 1] Operating System Recognition

BITS1

Hello Everyone,

From looking at everyone's posts, I noticed that the solution for Teensy to "recognize" which operating system it's in, is with the help of the dip switches. Teensy is programmed to rely on the user's dip switch combination to execute certain commands. I looked into the Arduino.app that has Teensyduino installed, in one of the pins_teensy.c file, it had if statements like:

#if defined(__AVR_ATmega32U4__) ...

#if defined(__AVR_AT90USB646__) || defined(__AVR_AT90USB1286__) ...

From my understanding, these conditional statements are to identify which version of Teensy it is right? If so, does anyone know how we can also identify the

operating system that is running so that Teensy can identify it and execute certain commands? I am not great at programming so I hope you can shed light on this topic.

Thank you very much.

Bits1

Yes.

If I remember correctly the teensy does not have dip switches stock. You have to add them yourself.

Aww, that's too bad, I was really hoping that Teensy could do that without the user's help. Is it just the low level programming or how its made does not give it the ability to do that ?

Sincerely,

Bits1