$50 Prepaid Credit Card - What To Buy?

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

Just got a $50 prepaid Visa for my birthday to buy stuff online. Any cool gadgets or linux devices that you guys would recommend? I can't find much sadly so I was hopping some of you may know a good deal! So far what I did find was a Alfa AWUS036H 802 11b/g Wireless Long Range for C$27.99.

Never used an alpha are they any good for pen-testing?

Then main thing I wanted was a Zipit Z2 but no one seems to ship/sell in Canada :( So now I am looking for something similar preferably something that can be used for pocket/on the go pen-testing. Or something that's just fun and hackable! :D

Thanks any suggestions welcome!

I bought a Alfa AP and was never sorry. They are the greatest imo, in fact I have bought about 10 of them for people I know that need a WIFI solution. I always recommend those. The Audrino look's awesome too, I have wanted one but have not got one yet. I think it depends on what you want to do, if you want to get more into electronics then the Audrino is the way to go, but if you want to get free wifi and hack stuff then go with the Alfa ap.

even though this is kind of pointless for a visa gift card, but there is an awesome website called Plastic Jungle that you can sell any gift card you have(for up to 92% list price) and buy other people's gift cards for up to 30% off!(usually between 5-15%). If you wanted, go buy a $50 gift card for $40 something, and then you have $50 plus whatever is left over on the visa gift card!

http://plasticjungle.com

Guest Deleted_Account

Wow that looks fun! Sadly Amazon Canada says they are unavailable :(

The Alfa is like the go-to device for wireless pentesting :]

That being said I assume BT4 is ready to use it? I mean I am loving my Atheros chipset in my aspire one and my Broad com in my emachine but The Alfa looks amazing!

I bought a Alfa AP and was never sorry. They are the greatest imo, in fact I have bought about 10 of them for people I know that need a WIFI solution. I always recommend those. The Audrino look's awesome too, I have wanted one but have not got one yet. I think it depends on what you want to do, if you want to get more into electronics then the Audrino is the way to go, but if you want to get free wifi and hack stuff then go with the Alfa ap.

That's the way I am leaning right now. The alfa seems great for the price but I found a cheaper oneWhich one do you think I should buy?

even though this is kind of pointless for a visa gift card, but there is an awesome website called Plastic Jungle that you can sell any gift card you have(for up to 92% list price) and buy other people's gift cards for up to 30% off!(usually between 5-15%). If you wanted, go buy a $50 gift card for $40 something, and then you have $50 plus whatever is left over on the visa gift card!

http://plasticjungle.com

Ha I could pawn off my Best Buy Card (Don't have one here) and then grab a FutureShop one! :D

Anyone know of any good hackable/linux based devices similar to the zipit Z2? Maybe something that can be used for pentesting on the go?

Anyone know of any good hackable/linux based devices similar to the zipit Z2? Maybe something that can be used for pentesting on the go?

I may be wrong, but I believe the wifi chipset in the Z2 is unable to do packet injection. As for pentesting on the go, a DS could work, probably an android tablet or phone. Archos has android wifi devices under $100. Also, I read an article a little while back that someone ported a working version of FireSheep to the Palm Pre. Granted, those devices may be out of your $50 price range, but it could give you pentesting "on the go".

For specifics on compatibility, check out the forums at backtrack-linux.org, but make sure you do alot of searching through their forums (and the rules) before you post a question. They like to keep it professional over there.

Guest Deleted_Account

I may be wrong, but I believe the wifi chipset in the Z2 is unable to do packet injection. As for pentesting on the go, a DS could work, probably an android tablet or phone. Archos has android wifi devices under $100. Also, I read an article a little while back that someone ported a working version of FireSheep to the Palm Pre. Granted, those devices may be out of your $50 price range, but it could give you pentesting "on the go".

For specifics on compatibility, check out the forums at backtrack-linux.org, but make sure you do alot of searching through their forums (and the rules) before you post a question. They like to keep it professional over there.

No your right the Z2 Can not do packet injection :( That Archos looks sexy but once again not available in Canada :( No fair you guys get everything first! lol I would buy it too if only FutureShop had them! Thanks though!

Guest Deleted_Account

No your right the Z2 Can not do packet injection :( That Archos looks sexy but once again not available in Canada :( No fair you guys get everything first! lol I would buy it too if only FutureShop had them! Thanks though!

Well I ended up buying a 4GB USB Memory Watch from thinkgeek cause it looks f**ing awesome LOL. And now, oddly enough, I just got a $100 Mastercard for another Bday present from my grand parents lol. So... Instead of creating a new thread... Any ideas in that price range?