Free Sandbox Programs?

NegativeSpace

I remember seeing a segment that consisted of Darren testing sandbox programs using IE6, but I can not remember which episode it was, and it just so happens that I both need a good sandbox and am curious to try them out. So, what's the best free one to use, and which episode was that? Are there any sandbox programs that are worth my money, or should I just stick with the free ones?

Edit: I would really like to find one that will run from a flash drive, and if that means installing one on my machine and putting another one on a flash drive, that would be fine.

Edited by NegativeSpace

I remember seeing a segment that consisted of Darren testing sandbox programs using IE6, but I can not remember which episode it was, and it just so happens that I both need a good sandbox and am curious to try them out. So, what's the best free one to use, and which episode was that? Are there any sandbox programs that are worth my money, or should I just stick with the free ones?

Edit: I would really like to find one that will run from a flash drive, and if that means installing one on my machine and putting another one on a flash drive, that would be fine.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?PortableSandbox

You can move your sandbox from computer to computer, but the host machine will still need sandboxie installed on the workstation itself, while the sandbox can be on removable media and taken to any other workstation(so long as they have sandboxie installed too)

Edited by digip

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?PortableSandbox

You can move your sandbox from computer to computer, but the host machine will still need sandboxie installed on the workstation itself, while the sandbox can be on removable media and taken to any other workstation(so long as they have sandboxie installed too)

Cool, thanks. I'm not sure I quite understand the concept of that, though. I mean I'm sure I'll figure it out just fine, but would be nice to understand the concept of a moveable sandbox. Is the sandbox simply a user file for configurations and parameters and such?

Edited by NegativeSpace

http://www.hak5.org/episodes/episode-704

If memory serves, comodo was the best.

What do you mean, WASSSS the best.

Comodo is still the best firewall out there.

It has features that surpasses all other firewalls currently available.