Dual Graphics

Thijsiez

Hey y'all

im planning to buy a Zotac 9300-I-E. I want to combine it with some hardware laying around (Q8400 and Radeon HD3870x2). My question is if I can use the Radeon for my graphics and at the same time use the GeForce (with CUDA) for accelerated password cracking? if this can be done, do i need a special distro or just use BackTrack 4?

Thijsiez

Hey y'all

im planning to buy a Zotac 9300-I-E. I want to combine it with some hardware laying around (Q8400 and Radeon HD3870x2). My question is if I can use the Radeon for my graphics and at the same time use the GeForce (with CUDA) for accelerated password cracking? if this can be done, do i need a special distro or just use BackTrack 4?

Thijsiez

If I'm not mistaken, ATI GPU programs are faster than the CUDA architecture. CUDA just has more support/popularity.

Keep in mind, when pass cracking/brute forcing you will cap out the CPU as well (at least with BarsWF).

I'm not sure what you would possibly want to have that setup for? If you wanna brute force it is going to take up a lot of GPU and CPU power. Are you thinking you can play PC games while pass cracking/brute forcing? Bad plan if so.

You can use Windows software or Linux software for such things. BarsWF is made for Win/nix.

Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery is for Windows and you need to buy license for X ammount of clients. They come in 20, 50, 100, 200+ or something. I have a 20 client version.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

well that sucks :@

Unfortunately that's how they work. Unless you build a second cheap computer for password cracking only.

If I'm not mistaken, ATI GPU programs are faster than the CUDA architecture. CUDA just has more support/popularity.

Keep in mind, when pass cracking/brute forcing you will cap out the CPU as well (at least with BarsWF).

I'm not sure what you would possibly want to have that setup for? If you wanna brute force it is going to take up a lot of GPU and CPU power. Are you thinking you can play PC games while pass cracking/brute forcing? Bad plan if so.

You can use Windows software or Linux software for such things. BarsWF is made for Win/nix.

Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery is for Windows and you need to buy license for X ammount of clients. They come in 20, 50, 100, 200+ or something. I have a 20 client version.

What's the default number of client's it support without having to buy licenses?