The Digital Economy Bill Protest

joeypesci

This doesn't affect our US cousins but I was wondering, with this stupid bill coming in next year to law. What will happen to Fon users? People who actually use the Fon for what it was made for, sharing a tiny bit of their WIFI connection.

Surely someone could connect to a Fon and download crap, then the person who was sharing their Fon will be the one that gets the blame. Despite the person connecting having to enter their login details I believe. The trace would still trace back to the hosts IP I would of thought.

Another reason the bill is unworkable. Unless I've misunderstood how Fon works.

Edited by joeypesci

The DEB was a load of rubbish. End Of. Just a load of politicians sitting and doing what they were told.

Hopefully in the next parliament, the Lib Dems will have rid out their bandwaggon and got some control, and act to try and retract the DEB. Although Labour and the Tories are for it :(

Wasn't that the bill that defined an IP address as an Intellectual Property address?

Yes it was, and we all had a nice giggle.

It was quite funny the other day, had my MP come to the door trying get votes. I asked him about the Digital Economy Bill and he pretty much ran away. :P

Schweet I have my own Intellectual Property Address!

Sounds like a stupid thing to put into law.

Charles, I fully agree! This bill has a LOT of potential flaws and problems with it. Hopefully the US will not follow the same path...

Worst thing was, I wrote to my MP about it multiple times, and she agreed that it was being pushed through to quickly, that it was incomplete and had many areas both she and her party disagreed with. Then when it came to the vote she didn't bother to turn up.

Fuck you Maria Miller.

Worst thing was, I wrote to my MP about it multiple times, and she agreed that it was being pushed through to quickly, that it was incomplete and had many areas both she and her party disagreed with. Then when it came to the vote she didn't bother to turn up.

Fuck you Maria Miller.

Same thing here. I wrote to my MP several times and he did say that he disagreed with many parts of the bill and that he also thought it was being pushed through too quickly. Yet he still voted in favour of the bill.

Fuck You Stewart Hosie.

Edited by DarkBlueBox