Ics?

will-wtf

My laptop connects to my home wifi just fine in my room, but nothing else can as there is no signal. How could I make it so that my laptop also broadcasts internet or provides interent for my fon. On the show they will connect to the wireless, and then give that internet to the fon. How could I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Will

My laptop connects to my home wifi just fine in my room, but nothing else can as there is no signal. How could I make it so that my laptop also broadcasts internet or provides interent for my fon. On the show they will connect to the wireless, and then give that internet to the fon. How could I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Will

If your laptop wireless is already connected to the WIFI. You won't be able to share your internet connection via your laptop wireless adapter. But if you connect your laptop via an Ethernet cable, then you could bridge the two adapters together and with ICS feature turned on, you will be able to share your internet connection via your laptops WIFI.

I've also found these articles that can help you understand better what I mean.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314066

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/window...n-sharing-.aspx

Edited by Infiltrator

I don't get it... your laptop connects to the wireless, but nothing else can because there is no wireless?

Confusing I know, I had to read several times to understand and its still confusing. But I think what he is trying to say, is that because the laptop wireless adapter is already being used, he is unable to set it up as a ADHOC. I think what he should do is install another wireless adapter, so he could bridge the two together and at the same time have the laptop as an ADHOC.

I don't know, but I think this should work.

Edited by Infiltrator

It's just crap signal upstairs so only the biggest antenna which is in my laptop picks it up..

What I want to do is have my laptop connected to the wifi. I then have a fon which I can plug into the ethernet which will broadcast some wifi.. Is that any clearer? :S

Kinda like how darren sets up Jasager in the airport i think, or is that a mobile phone...

Solved, thanks to all who helped :)

Sorry how did you resolve the issue?

Maybe he bought a better AP?

Who knows, may be you are right