Distrobuted Wpa Cracking

RichyB

Hi guys iv got around 5pc's at home all decent spec's anyways my problem is that i cant really find a program that can help me crack WPA keys using the combined CPU's of these machines.. im not a pro at linux but can use ubuntu a little, so at the moment all of the machines are networked together on a windows network.

Iv found a peice of software that uses the GPU in graphics cards but i dont realy have the money to buy them so im looking for something that uses the CPU of the machines. (I think this software was mentioned in darrens segment a while ago)

Iv managed to get hold of Elmcom Distributed Password Recovery which sounds perfect and you can easily connect all the "agents" up but i cant seem to get it to accept that .cap file from airmon-ng says something about not being encrypted or something like that..

Anyhow do you guys have an idea? :rolleyes:

Edited by RichyB

no but if you get this working let me know

... there should be a special WPA site setup to crack keys from captures like the SETE screen saver ;0)

There are services like this (though I can't remember any names). There are people who run the client on there computer and get paid (small amount) for having it running. You can then submit your work load to the company (along with money) and they will run the load on all the clients. It's basically cheap pseudo super-computing.

Hi guys iv got around 5pc's at home all decent spec's anyways my problem is that i cant really find a program that can help me crack WPA keys using the combined CPU's of these machines.. im not a pro at linux but can use ubuntu a little, so at the moment all of the machines are networked together on a windows network.

Iv found a peice of software that uses the GPU in graphics cards but i dont realy have the money to buy them so im looking for something that uses the CPU of the machines. (I think this software was mentioned in darrens segment a while ago)

Iv managed to get hold of Elmcom Distributed Password Recovery which sounds perfect and you can easily connect all the "agents" up but i cant seem to get it to accept that .cap file from airmon-ng says something about not being encrypted or something like that..

Anyhow do you guys have an idea? :rolleyes:

Hi RichyB,

I have found something that may help in answering your question.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?t=260223

Hi guys and thanks for your responces

@Infiltrator thanks for the link iv read threw it and dont seem very hopefull for cracking WPA keys although does look usefull for normal Passwords and sam files

**Pulled from Cisilia's website

Cisilia:

Cisilia is a multi-process password cracking system. The current version of Cisilia (0.7.3) recovers Windows NT/2000/XP and Samba user account passwords computing DES/MD4 password hashes. Though Cisilia includes a dictionary based password recovery algorithm, the main goal of this system is to perform parallel-brute-force attacks.

Ill keep looking im trying to get hold of the ELMSOFT and see if they can help me although the whole ringing russia is abit of a pain lol but ill see how it goes. I should be able to get the answer as ill just say im running the demo version and want to confirm it does what i want before i purchase it.

If anyone else has some more ideas im open to sugestions

RichyB

Edited by RichyB

• 1 month later...
RichyB, are you looking for something like http://www.wpacracker.com/ ?

It is set up by Moxie Marlinspike (http://www.thoughtcrime.org/)

He is the guy who wrote the code for SSL strip and numerous other programs. Hope the info helps!

I ran into that web site before, the reason why I did not post it in here was because the op wanted something that harnessed the power of all his 5 desktop computers CPUs.