Flashing: Stderr:tftp Repeat Block Xxx

Hey guys,

Been a while since I got my fon working (just been collecting dust in the closet), however I decided to pull it out and re-flash the device and start over. However the tool I'm using Freifunk Ap51 EasyFlash is spitting out an error when I try to flash it.

It repeats the following message

"stderr:tftp repeat block XXX"

Where XXX is a number that has been incrementing starting at 1 (currently at 480 and counting).

Any ideas?

its saying "standard error output received a message from tftp" (the transfer protocol used). its stuck in a repetition loop, im guessing because its lost communication? have you tried just using plain old tftp with a serial terminal? i used minicom myself

Hi I had that same problem in my windows7 laptop. then i booted to ubuntu and I used http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php fon flash tool and jasager firmware downloaded from didininja.com

my pineapple is Fon 2201 =Fon+

Ant thats all it takes. then just change password...

Looks like that was the issue. Interesting.

I booted up into ubuntu and it worked just fine.

Thanks! :lol:

• 1 year later...

hi guys,

i think this is what my problem is ....

i am getting stderr:non arp received. make sure the device is connected directly!

i was able to flash no problem before this, issue is it maybe caught in repeat loop ( i have a windows 7 laptop)

next thing is that i am not sure what exactly to do on the ubuntu side of things. is there a way to fix it without doing that as i dont have ubuntu.

any ideas .

thanks