Vista Wont Let Me Make Vpn

gcninja

Whenever I try to create a new VPN connection (havent made one before) i get an error that it cant and to check the event log, and when I do i get

"\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver."

Ive googled it and cant seem to find anything on it, I havent touched anything network wise nor the drivers so i cant seem to think of anything wrong, I did get this from a friend (see my trading computer thread) and everything else network wise seems to work..

Any help?

Is your computer fully patched, I am just trying to figure out what might be causing this error. Besides have you installed any software or application lately?

Edited by Infiltrator

ya it just updated last night and i reinstalled the drivers for shits and giggles

And no, I deleted macafee and it still didnt work before or after

No programs that i have would mess it up, I have dyndns and filezilla

ya it just updated last night and i reinstalled the drivers for shits and giggles

And no, I deleted macafee and it still didnt work before or after

No programs that i have would mess it up, I have dyndns and filezilla

I'll keep you posted, if I come up with anything.

Try rolling back the drivers, just to see if they are not causing any compatibility issues.

Edited by Infiltrator

Or see if netbios service is enable under services.msc as well as in TCP/IP settings. Also, the machines in the VPN setup, are they both Vista? The machine you try to connect to thropugh the VPN, what is at the other end, or are you trying to VPN into the Vista machine from another box? More info please...and if you can, list all your steps at both ends.

I dont think you need the netbios stuff to do the VPN though. Only if tryign to connect to windows shares at the other end.

http://www.publicvpn.com/support/Vista.php

Edited by digip