Delete My Account

recover

Hi everyone.

I want to delete my account on this forum, can an admin help me?

The reason is that I am almost never here and partly because of the forum hack that occurred last year.

Thanks.

You will need to contact one of the mods/admins and they don't really delete your account (as far as im aware) they just stop you logging in and change a few things this way the posts that are tied to your account could still help else where.

The general rule is, if you have posts we don't delete your account. Why? The missing user account messes up the flow of messages in old posts, which since we're not one of these forums which prunes threads and locks old topics, can cause issues. So, if you don't want to come here any more, then the best option is remove the personal information from your profile, and request a ban from a mod.

As for the hack, it happens, this is a hacking forum for newbies (generally) so we do kinda have a big target on our heads. You would be a fool to re-use any login details anyway.

The general rule is, if you have posts we don't delete your account. Why? The missing user account messes up the flow of messages in old posts, which since we're not one of these forums which prunes threads and locks old topics, can cause issues. So, if you don't want to come here any more, then the best option is remove the personal information from your profile, and request a ban from a mod.

As for the hack, it happens, this is a hacking forum for newbies (generally) so we do kinda have a big target on our heads. You would be a fool to re-use any login details anyway.

Leaving the user is fine by me, but just removing personal info such as my password (or scrambling it or w/e).

I was luckily unaffected by the hack, but the hack made me sharpen my password practices and starting to keep track of stray accounts that I have on the web (such as this one). As for not reusing passwords, there were some pretty big fools (to reuse your term) owned in the hack that should be way more leet than me. Just go read the hacklog that was released by the hackers. Anyway, I don't want to open that wound again, so I'll just stop here.

I have removed some info from my account now, so I'm ready to be banned by an admin. Thanks for the help everyone.

Now this maybe crazy talk. How about a forum app. Maybe just Hak5. It does xrazy shit with the password, you log in as normal.

Wait, an app that lets you add MAC addresses, you can only log in from one of them(or spoof,which isn't hard from your own lappy) encrypts the connections - think of a VPN if you will, but not - and essentially the user logs in, but their sysem has used their MAC?!

Yeah MAC can be spoofed, but could these past attackers get your MAC??

No, I mean the App uses your MAC, which is client side. Which shouldn't care about OSI model etc. And does the magic, and send it across like a tunnel.

Think of Google desktop.

Yeah I know on the face of it, it looks like another algorithm..

Edited by cabster21