Recovery App That Loads Before OS

G-Stress

I'm looking for a good recovery app that will loads before the OS in the event a system becomes un-bootable I can restore it to a previous state. I use to use Roxio GoBack and another one I can't quite remember the name.

If anyone has any good recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I've not messed with Trinity yet, I've been meaning to. I'm familiar with different methods of saving data from rendered systems. I just need an actual app that will load before the OS and provide system restore basically.

Preferably one compatible with windows 7.

@MRGRIM, thanks for the link. The FOG project seems very interesting and I'm definitely going to implement this into my configuration. As for Clonezilla I have that on my multipass, but I've never used it before I first heard about it when the multipass came to Hak5.

I'm still interested in finding a good app that I can install via the windows gui, but with options to do "system restore" if you will before the OS loads.

There was one I used to use in like 2003, but I can't remember the name of it for nothing.

I've not messed with Trinity yet, I've been meaning to. I'm familiar with different methods of saving data from rendered systems. I just need an actual app that will load before the OS and provide system restore basically.

Preferably one compatible with windows 7.

Windows 7 has an excellent recovery section on the live cd. I've been able to use it to pretty much clone the os to a backup drive wipe it then install it or just certain parts back. Surprisingly powerful for microsoft. :unsure:

Windows 7 has an excellent recovery section on the live cd. I've been able to use it to pretty much clone the os to a backup drive wipe it then install it or just certain parts back. Surprisingly powerful for microsoft.

No kidding? I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Windows 7 has an excellent recovery section on the live cd. I've been able to use it to pretty much clone the os to a backup drive wipe it then install it or just certain parts back. Surprisingly powerful for microsoft. :unsure:

Are you talking about the same recovery solution you get by pressing F8 at boot and choosing the system recovery option?

Are you talking about the same recovery solution you get by pressing F8 at boot and choosing the system recovery option?

No its all on the disc. I used the backup for my system then booted up the cd selected that backup and completely restored my computer from my external drive. Pretty sweet.