droid apps

RogueHart

i finally got my moto droid and im in love. its so rare that i actually get new technology when its still new that im shaking. this is the first piece of hardware ive gotten within 3 years of its release since i got my gamecube.

anyway ive been browsing the market for about 2 days now. ive looked through about 1/9 of their apps from what i can tell but its not always reliable.

i just want to know some app suggestsions

i currently use "Hi MSN" for my msn client but it has big issues with no real error report. large chunks of convo get lost to both sides and its a complete mess. i need a new msn chat client

i also use skype and google talk. so apps that include them would be nice but i have well function apps for both already so i really just need to replace himsn with something... more functional.

and i need a good terminal app.

free on both of course since im broke. took all i had plus some help to get the phone lol.

and any other apps you find useful or nice to have lemme know.

edit:

and if theres a good app for downloading podcasts (particularly ha5) i could use that as well lol

Network Discovery is pretty neat. Wardrive is a must. EStrongs File Explorer. WIFI Analyzer is pretty sweet. Android Terminal Emulator works really well. Google Sky Map always gets oohs and ahhs. Everything I've listed so far is free. The only app I've found I needed to pay for so far is Documents to go. Gotta have Office document support.... Stupid job getting in the way of all my fun. :angry:

Network Discovery is pretty neat. Wardrive is a must. EStrongs File Explorer. WIFI Analyzer is pretty sweet. Android Terminal Emulator works really well. Google Sky Map always gets oohs and ahhs. Everything I've listed so far is free. The only app I've found I needed to pay for so far is Documents to go. Gotta have Office document support.... Stupid job getting in the way of all my fun. :angry:

i dont wardrive often lol. but i got estrongs file exlorer and i love it XD even extracts zip files.

XD im gonna wait till theres an office program that is free

and another program to get is pdanet. i havent rooted my droid because i dont wanna risk bricking it so im waiting for a more effective way of getting access. BUT i found pdanet which is a free prog that is effective in tethering my droid to my laptop via usb. obviously it works because thats how im posting this XD

it was free and works fine. on irc as well

• 2 weeks later...