E3 consoles (helpppp meee)

dcrew22

ok so i have some money (just got paycheck for the week :D ) and im thinking of getting a E3 console i like the Xbox and The playstation equally. Wat are some pros and cons on both systems and your personal opinions. i just want to have fun gaming whateva it may be

thanks -

If the choice is between the two the question comes down to "Do you have friends?"

If you do, you probably want the 360. Xbox Live makes for a nice multiplayer experience. Playstation makes everyone roll their own multiplayer so it's hit or miss depending on the title. Netflix implementation is pretty slick and works well.

If you have bluray disks, then you might want the playstation. Tons of horsepower, but it's hard to harness for developers yet. When it's good, it's incredible. Current netflix implementation is horrid, ugly, chunky. Hopefully they'll fix it but I doubt it. The 360 example was too good to ignore, but they did.

Otherwise see what games you like and where most of them are. It's nice to have choice, but sometimes its confusing.

my personal choice would be the ps3. ive had experience with both systems and given the games, hardware, and quality i would definately go with ps3

PS3:-----

pros: the highest quality graphics of the 3 platforms. the controls are basically identical to the ps2 duel shock so you can still pick up games just as easily as before. playstation network is a wonderful service offering everything from old time playstation favorites (final fantasy 8 just came out for download XD) to playstation network only titles

no fee for online access or play. blu ray quality (ive seen it myself many times) downloadable movies for both rent or own.

games such as little big planet. best graphics and performance of all 3 so cross platform games tend to be the best looking and smoothest running on the ps3. built in blu ray player. support for multiple users. the ability to download psn games to multiple systems free of charge (example: bought a few games on my account on my girlfriends ps3. went to visit my military parents and redownloaded those games to their ps3 for free)

and the ability to download and redownload your psn games over and over again.

bluetooth and wireless network adapter built in

cons: expensive, game selection (no halo, no left for dead, etc, etc, ect). ALMOST NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT. meaning if your a family man or you have friends that visit you physically there are very very very few split screen multiplayer games. 90% of the multiplayer on the system is reserved for online only.

xbox is nice. good party system. nice game franchises. great network play. no built in wireless built in sadly.

edit:

and for future reference E3 stands for electronic entertainment expo. its a convention for... well electronic entertainment. e3 is where most game companies reveal their latest technology and their big name titles

my personal choice would be the ps3. ive had experience with both systems and given the games, hardware, and quality i would definately go with ps3

PS3:-----

pros: the highest quality graphics of the 3 platforms. the controls are basically identical to the ps2 duel shock so you can still pick up games just as easily as before. playstation network is a wonderful service offering everything from old time playstation favorites (final fantasy 8 just came out for download XD) to playstation network only titles

no fee for online access or play. blu ray quality (ive seen it myself many times) downloadable movies for both rent or own.

games such as little big planet. best graphics and performance of all 3 so cross platform games tend to be the best looking and smoothest running on the ps3. built in blu ray player. support for multiple users. the ability to download psn games to multiple systems free of charge (example: bought a few games on my account on my girlfriends ps3. went to visit my military parents and redownloaded those games to their ps3 for free)

and the ability to download and redownload your psn games over and over again.

bluetooth and wireless network adapter built in

cons: expensive, game selection (no halo, no left for dead, etc, etc, ect). ALMOST NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT. meaning if your a family man or you have friends that visit you physically there are very very very few split screen multiplayer games. 90% of the multiplayer on the system is reserved for online only.

xbox is nice. good party system. nice game franchises. great network play. no built in wireless built in sadly.

edit:

and for future reference E3 stands for electronic entertainment expo. its a convention for... well electronic entertainment. e3 is where most game companies reveal their latest technology and their big name titles

There is a lot of inacurate stuff in this post.

1. PS3 doesn't have "the best graphics". Xbox 360 and the PS3 are about on par with eachother, HOWEVER, coding for the Xbox 360 is much easier, and multi platform games often run better on the 360, and also look better on it as well. Both 1up and gametrailers have done side by sides since the systems launched. This is common knowledge. Both systems can have games that look great, but because the PS3 is so difficult to code for(thanks Cell), the only games that end up looking breath taking on a PS3 are first part exclusives (uncharted, Killzone 2 etc..). The PS3 can't do anything the 360 can't and vice versa graphic wise, it all comes down to the developers.

2. PS3 is also not more powerful when it comes to gaming. Games don't perform better on the PS3. infact, Xbox 360 has more 60FPS titles then PS3 does, it also has more titles running at 1080p (90 percent of games don't). Like I said, when it comes to multi-platform games, the one on the 360 often performs better. Google it, look it up, it's a fact. Like I said above, it's not because 360 is some awesome, amazing, more powerful system. It comes down to development of the game. Multiplatform games are often developed on a 360 since programming for it, and it's architecture is familiar to developers. They then port it to the PS3, which is why the performance is often worse on a PS3.

This problem has been becoming less apparent recently as developers learn how to play with the Cell cpu better.

Here is my break down.

Xbox 360 - Best game selection hands down. Get this system if you are all about gaming. Xbox Live is better then PSN. It has more features, more movies, more games, more social media interaction and works great with Media Center. Another big plus are the Community created Indie games. For $2 you can pick up an awesome indie game to waste an afternoon with. You can also buy and download classic 360 games using a service much like Steam. Xbox 360 is truly a gamers console. The downside is, Xbox Live costs money, and although you can download HD movies, or incorperate your Netflix account, it has no Blu Ray player.

PS3 - Is a good all around console. It's got some games, it has a Blu ray player, online is free, built in Wifi. It's a good console if you aren't a serious hardcore gamer, but would like to not only play top notch games, but also experience various forms of HD multi media. It's game selection isn't the best, but it's media functionality is top notch. It is a great all around console with no real extra money needing to be dished out (outside of buying an HDMI cable).

If you are mainly about games, Xbox is the only real pick as the online experience is great and lacking on a lot of PS3 games, even the ones that do it okay, still kind of suck. The other issue is Sony are going to bring charging in and it looks like its going to be more expensive than a 12 month Gold account with Microsoft. So more money for a poor attempt at online gaming does not fly with me.

If you are more about media the PS3 wins, everything streams better on it from a PC, XVID and such. You also have a Blu-Ray player and a built in browser.

I personally own both systems, and I can tell you that my favorite is the Xbox 360 for several reasons.

#1 Xbox Live: I feel it is easier to navigate when you want to get added content or classic games for the system

#2 Controller: The Xbox controller fits better in your hands (or at least I think so) It feels more natural holding it than the playstation controller.

#3 Controller #2: the 360 you can either use AA batteries or buy a play and charge kit. whereas yes you have to pay extra for a rechargeable battery but the main key here is that it's replaceable. Sony I believe gives you instruction on how to replace the battery for their controller, but I have no idea where you can buy a new battery for a PS3 controller.

#4 Games: Right now the BIG titles are on both systems, the number of exclusives for the PS3 are significantly less than the 360

#5 Communication: You don't need Xbox Live Gold ($50 a year) to be able to send messages to your friends, access facebook or twitter, or even use the MSN messenger service on the unit. / flip side... the PS3 has a full functional web browser whereas the 360 does not.

#6 Breaking: You will hear the eternal flaming of The 360 has the RRoD high failure rate and claim the ps3 never fails. The Bluray drive on the original PS3 was the #1 failure point. I had both my systems die on me. each with the issues described here. Microsoft at least took care of my system for me. Sony told me there was nothing they could do. I suckered a gamestop employee into thinking the unit was working back when they had the trade in your fat ps3 to get a slim.

#7 Zune Marketplace: gives you access to an incredible amount of video and music and even movie rentals, granted it's all pay services, but the ps3 pales in comparison.

so yes I agree metatron & WhollyMindless if you have friends and want to play online go 360... if you want to watch movies streamed from the PC orBlu-Ray movies go with PS3... just a side note about streaming though.. the xbox can do it too...the ps3 just has more native video file support....

best of luck deciding!