I'm sick of the Ubuntu Forums

davepwnt

can some one here tell me how to get all my drives availibel on linux, then tell me how I can it to detect my modem? I have linux on one harddrive, and windows on the other.

I also tried to do stuff wih a floppy disk, but it said the drives were private, or something. Can anyone help me?

I personly prefer SuSE 10.1, I know it's bloatware, but it's just so much easier to setup then Ubuntu. The lazy mans Linux you might say. In any case, what kind of modem is this, you say modem, but you probably mean 'modem'. Even though, you shouldn't mean 'modem' becasue you should have a NAT router which either has a ADSL transeiver built in or a cable modem atached to it.

we'll need more info, ie what your running, what you need drivers for etc

Also, set up a fat32 partition of about 100mb... linux and windows can read it, I use a old CF card for this. You can copy data between the 2 systems.

Ok, well errm... you are going to have a hard time with it. Most Dialup modems are supposed "WinModems" and will only work with windows. As far as I know SuSE Linux has the gratest support for supposed "WinModems", but even then it's not fantastic... the only advice I can give you is ask Google, and good luck.