ICS not assigning IP to clients

Well I think you got that wrong.

The Dhcp for your Wireless Clients is ON the Jasager.

He gives dhcp Adresses from its dhcp Pool to the Wireless Clients that connects to him...

ICS would only give dhcp to the Jasagers Ethernet Port... If i recall right..

(But never mind, that never really worked for me, so I set the port of the Jasager fixed with the right settings for my setup...)

• 2 weeks later...

I have done this before. I had one Fon that I accidentally burned out but was working great with ICS. Now I have another and it does not want to work with ICS for some reasons. Jasager is working nicely. Accept that I have to create an interface every time I plug it in (is that normal?). Can anyone help?

Ye, that is normal. I have it so you deliberately have to enable it when you plug it in and start it up. It is a defence mechanize to stop people who don't know what they are doing from opening themselves up to the world by accident.

MY FON WILL NOT WORK WHEN I PUT IT TO DHCP WITH ICS. THE LOG REMAINS BLANK IN JASAGER AND ICS DOES NOT ASSIGN ANY IP ADDRESSES. WHAT IS THE DEAL WHY WILL IT NOT WORK?

i would try turning off CAPS LOCK and then retrying previous posts. Linux is case sensitive. There is also a search function for these forums that might help. And as always google.com is your friend. maybe try starting dnsmasq on the Fon. In my experience ICS does not provide IPs. maybe you could see if the Fon can ping 4.2.2.2 or 8.8.8.8

I tried pinging the fon and with 4.2.2.2 and the 8.8.8.8 and I got nothing. Also the service of dnsmasq is already running. The fon is capturing the way it should, it is just that the clients computers are self assigning ip addressess. There for something about DHCP does not seem to be working. What next?

1. SSH into the Fon.

2. ping 4.2.2.2

3. Is there a responds?

No: ICS is not set up properly

Yes: ping 4.2.2.2 from a client connected to the Fon.

1. Is there a responds?

No: Please post the output of ipconfig /all (I want to see the IP/Gateway/DNS server of the client)

Yes: ping google.com

1. Is there a responds?

No: The clients aren't getting a DNS server

Yes: What's the problem?

Just as a note, I reverted back to Jasager 1.2 and used ICS just as Darren described in a tutorial of his and everything is working 100 over 100. I did the same thing 6 times over in Jasager 2.0 and it does not work the at all. I don't know why it would work in one and not the other. Just thought I would report on my experience.