Reply to all in Outlook 2003

Got a funny problem. I have user who often sends emails to multiple recipients (entered manually or using Control+k, not a distribution list). Now for some reason, we random recipients of these email use the Reply to all function, the user who sent the original email does not receive the reply. I have checked everything I can think of and it has got me stumped. I am tempted to delete her email account and create another one. Anyone ever come across this before? I can fins no discrepencies in the header of the emails between those that work and those that don't.

Try checking the users address book within outlook, delete the problematic email address and recreate it (try renaming the user). Also delete the user from the Outlooks “quick type” drop down (by typing a first few characters on their email address, then when highlighted in blue press the delete key)

I’ve had a few weird issues like this myself.

As an example of some thing that can go wrong and really fuck you up, this happened with exchange:

A user had a new mailbox with a new email address. The user managed to get the name of the mailbox entered as an email address in to there address book. So now, every time they tried to send things to or from that address the email bounced with unknown destination or unauthorised sender even when been explicit with the email address. Well done that user and outlook.

That's brilliant :)

I neglected to mention that it took me two days to figure this out, and I figured it out by having the user use a different computer (and it working fine), then (on the 'broken computer') double clicking the 'verified' email address and it opening the address book item window (rather than the exchange information window).

As an example of some thing that can go wrong and really fuck you up, this happened with exchange:

A user had a new mailbox with a new email address. The user managed to get the name of the mailbox entered as an email address in to there address book. So now, every time they tried to send things to or from that address the email bounced with unknown destination or unauthorised sender even when been explicit with the email address. Well done that user and outlook.

Yeah I have had this one too. I hate exchange and Outlook with a passion.

Thanks MRGRIM, I will give it a shot, but seeing as it's the reply that isn't working when using reply to all, I'm not sure it will work.

• 4 months later...
Yeah I have had this one too. I hate exchange and Outlook with a passion.

Thanks MRGRIM, I will give it a shot, but seeing as it's the reply that isn't working when using reply to all, I'm not sure it will work.

That's why I use surgemail at home it never let me down. Great piece of software I must admit.

The cached autofill e-mails could cause it.

I use to have a weird issue setting up blackberries to connect to our exchange. Some would activate within a few mins. Others just refused and then would suddenly work after a few more tries. Then others just wouldn't activate. Looking at the logs it would fail on calender or their inbox. So I'd have to copy all their mail to a pst file, get their mail account deleted from AD and recreated. Move all their mail back again then try reactivity the BB. Then it would work first go.

Odd.

So yeah, could just be a corrupt mailbox.

The cached autofill e-mails could cause it.

I use to have a weird issue setting up blackberries to connect to our exchange. Some would activate within a few mins. Others just refused and then would suddenly work after a few more tries. Then others just wouldn't activate. Looking at the logs it would fail on calender or their inbox. So I'd have to copy all their mail to a pst file, get their mail account deleted from AD and recreated. Move all their mail back again then try reactivity the BB. Then it would work first go.

Odd.

So yeah, could just be a corrupt mailbox.

In most scenarios like this an outlook profile rebuild would fix the problem.

In most scenarios like this an outlook profile rebuild would fix the problem.

For the BB issue? Tried that, that never worked either. Both times I've had to do it, there was something in their mail box that was borked.

For the BB issue? Tried that, that never worked either. Both times I've had to do it, there was something in their mail box that was borked.

Like what?