Jasager + sslstrip/sslniff

Hi Everyone

If i were to use Pineapple in conjunction with SSLtrip in a windows enviroment . Do i need to reroute or ARP the victims oops i meant my other testing laptop . Just wanted to simulate what Darren did in a windows enviroment

B)

Hi Everyone

If i were to use Pineapple in conjunction with SSLtrip in a windows enviroment . Do i need to reroute or ARP the victims oops i meant my other testing laptop . Just wanted to simulate what Darren did in a windows enviroment

B)

I'm not sure about windows. Just running on linux would be your best bet as that is what the software is designed for.

Maybe If you get hold of the source code you could compile it on a windows machine into an .exe

But I dunno, lol.

-Jez

sslstrip is python and so is too large to fit on the restricted space on the Fon.

I'm currently trying to get ssnsniff working instead. There is an openwrt package but in bridged mode I can't get traffic to flow through it using standard transparent bridging techniques. If anyone gets this working please let me know and if I find anything I'll report back.

Running it in routing mode it should work fine

@Digi

Which means if i were to use same method what darren did in episode 412, Im able to use sslstrip , because in that way i will be sniffing on the ethernet . Where all my victims packets will be reaching my laptop . Now i have to figure out how to use sslstrip ? because when i ran sslstrip with windows it says "import error : No module named twisted.web" i know im doing something wrong ? anyone care to advise

• 2 weeks later...

There is an sslsniff package for openwrt but I've spent the last month trying to get it to work in bridging mode and not had any luck. The problem is with the iptables/ebtables rules needed to intercept the traffic on the bridge and redirect all traffic on port 443 to ssnsniff. The rules work fine if you are doing arp cache poisoning and so are routing traffic but in bridge mode I just can't get any off the rules to have an affect.

I've asked on the openwrt forum, the netfilter mailing list and the guy who built the package, no one can help.

I may have a lead on getting it to work so will have a play when I get chance.

If anyone out there is good with ip/ebtables then please get in touch and I can explain what I need doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you find the sslsniff ipk? I think I can get the firewall to work properly. I have the bridge turned off and I am NATing my traffic. Should be a simple rule to forward the 443 traffic :-) If I can find the package and get it working I will send you the iptables config.

There is an sslsniff package for openwrt but I've spent the last month trying to get it to work in bridging mode and not had any luck. The problem is with the iptables/ebtables rules needed to intercept the traffic on the bridge and redirect all traffic on port 443 to ssnsniff. The rules work fine if you are doing arp cache poisoning and so are routing traffic but in bridge mode I just can't get any off the rules to have an affect.

I've asked on the openwrt forum, the netfilter mailing list and the guy who built the package, no one can help.

I may have a lead on getting it to work so will have a play when I get chance.

If anyone out there is good with ip/ebtables then please get in touch and I can explain what I need doing.

Where did you find the sslsniff ipk? I think I can get the firewall to work properly. I have the bridge turned off and I am NATing my traffic. Should be a simple rule to forward the 443 traffic :-) If I can find the package and get it working I will send you the iptables config.

I'm working away at the moment but I think this should work: www.digininja.org/files/sslsniff_0.5-1_mips.ipk