Iso files

P@c_M@n

Maybe im gonna be laughed at for this, but does anyone out there know why when i burn backtrack 4 to a dvd, it wont copy over the [bOOT] folder? Am i burning it wrong or something? Im using the software Free Easy Burner. I also tried some software already installed on my computer called Power2Go. Can someone help me out?

Personally I prefer ImgBurn (free) or Windows 7's built in ISO burner for ISOs, but if that software's capable then all is well. You definitely burned the ISO as an ISO and not just copied the ISO to a data disc?

No, i burned the iso itself. I have a boot folder and a casper folder. But backtrack doesn't run when i pop in the cd. A windows explorer window just pops up showing those files on my cd. And i have vista by the way. It came with my computer.

This or IMGburn.

As for backtrack, to run the thing, reboot your computer with the disk still in the drive, then when its booting look for an option to select the boot device, probally F12 or something. When you get the menu up, select the dvd drive.