PeToUSB Not Required

ArkNinja

The first time I did my MultiPass, my PeToUSB would not work for some reason (cannot remember why for some reason), so I decided to try not using it, and to my delight it worked. I could boot BT4, ntpasswd, Kon-Boot and others without a problem. I am just wondering if this works for other people and if not using PeToUSB limits the MultiPass functionality in some way.

./ArkNinja

diskpart, Windows Disk Management, and the tool I used to use until I discovered diskpart... fdisk from the Windows 98 setup CD.

Hi,

I cannot get this to work. When I check this out in computer management, Mark as active is grayed out. I'm trying to get multipass to work on a SDHC card via a SDHC to USB adapter, but it won't work. I have also tried doing this in my Asus 1000HE's built in SDHC card reader, but that won't work either. Is there something I am missing?

I have also tried to get this to work with Ubuntu 9.04 and grub2, but again it won't work.

Hi,

I cannot get this to work. When I check this out in computer management, Mark as active is grayed out. I'm trying to get multipass to work on a SDHC card via a SDHC to USB adapter, but it won't work. I have also tried doing this in my Asus 1000HE's built in SDHC card reader, but that won't work either. Is there something I am missing?

I have also tried to get this to work with Ubuntu 9.04 and grub2, but again it won't work.

Try GParted and check the "active" option on the partition flags menu.

Well, I ended up solving one problem and introducing another.

The drive was set as boot (I forgot about Gparted, had it already) and it was flagged as boot in there. I then tried the install from start again, and it would not work. I then tried it on another computer, and bingo, works first time. I'm guessing for some reason, the computer I was using will not support booting from USB, even though the BIOS is set to boot, and it does try to read it as it comes up with an error saying it is unable to boot from drive. It baffles me.

But now I have introduced a new problem. I tried to boot Ubuntu 9.04 from USB as a test on the computer that was supporting my booting from USB, and I can't get past GDM. Was never an issue before when I had an ATI X300 installed, but now that I upgraded that machine to a 2900GT, it won't work. I'm hoping someone on ubuntuforums will be able to answer that one.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• 1 year later...

I had this SD issue but tried another card reader and PeToUSb found the drive suddenly.

Has to deal with the mess that a 19 in 1 card reader casues with the grub uunstaller gui (limited to 5 drives i think)

Had to pull out some physical drives and disable some of the slots on the reader jsut to get the one i was using into the list, but it worked fine after that.

Just a heads up. One major thing i noticed was that i found it impossible to get the card reader to work in HAL0_F00's virtual machine setup (very useful for testing pendrives)But as soon as i put it in the device (n900) it was detected straight away. So if your using the vm to test you might be convinced its not working when it is.

Got my phone multipass setup working and konbooted a laptop fine with it. :D

O and first post!..hi sorry for the necro