Episode 1x01 x10 lighting

Trc202

I am currently working on setting up a server for the x10 light control shown on ep 1, however just trying to run light.exe causes an unable to locate component error. It is missing the MSVCR70.dll I have downloaded it and put it in C:\windows\system32 and tried to register it however the second error I receive is LoadLibary("msvcp70.dll")failed - The specified module could not be found.

any suggestions as to how I might fix this would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Trc

Can't go into detail but I believe one of the requirements for the project is not around anymore. You well need to look around for other ways of doing it.

Then would anyone else know what requirement is missing, or another way to broadcast it over the home network?

Then would anyone else know what requirement is missing, or another way to broadcast it over the home network?

I'm looking at doing this as well. I've not messed around with it yet, but I heard Ubuntu MCE has options for Home Automation. Also they sell all kinds of modules now that will do this I believe. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this and how they did it/what setup they used.

Well I worked on it a little bit and found out its a net framework problem. Any advice as to how to install it? I've tried using windows update and installing it manually but it always skips the dll file i need. Also it seems that it only malfunctions on the only computer I have with a com port (just my luck).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok part one of problem finished... I have successfully resolved the dll error. However I now have a problem with the location of light.exe, I am completely baffled as to where to put it. I am currently running foxserv for an easy setup of apache php and my sql.