jasager on a fon with the internet from an iphone

has anyone tried this yet with the cable into the fon with the iphone cable and internet tethering turned on since 3.0

I have an iPhone with 3.0 and tethering enabled... my pinaple is coming next week so I am gonna try using the iPhone as the internet from the fon.

has anyone tried this yet with the cable into the fon with the iphone cable and internet tethering turned on since 3.0

When i was on a jail broken 2.x firmware, i installed 3Proxy from the Cydia repos along with Mobile Terminal.

It was as simple as setting up and connecting your laptop + iphone into an adhoc network and launching Proxy from terminal. Sure this isn't the wired way you speak of, but one of many, many ways to accomplish this. You will be able to jailbreak the 3.0 software by tomorrow btw (6/19/2009)

I have an iPhone with 3.0 and tethering enabled... my pinaple is coming next week so I am gonna try using the iPhone as the internet from the fon.

Tethering is only allowed by certain mobile providers. If you're on AT&T, you're fucked.

When i was on a jail broken 2.x firmware, i installed 3Proxy from the Cydia repos along with Mobile Terminal.

It was as simple as setting up and connecting your laptop + iphone into an adhoc network and launching Proxy from terminal. Sure this isn't the wired way you speak of, but one of many, many ways to accomplish this. You will be able to jailbreak the 3.0 software by tomorrow btw (6/19/2009)

Tethering is only allowed by certain mobile providers. If you're on AT&T, you're fucked.

i am on AT&T and their is a very easy carrier hack that i used and i have full working tethering and MMS