Media Setup

G-Stress

I recently bought a Gyration RF Keyboard and remote, but 1 thing I'm not understanding. My tv is in the living room and all my electronic devices connected to it are in my media room. The keyboard and R4000 Air Mouse/Remote works nicely via RF, but the tv and cable box do not. They seem to only work over IR.

What I'm wanting is to keep all my devices in 1 room and in the living room have nothing but the tv. Can if this can indeed be done with this remote, it'd be nice to know how being that support online as well as what came in the box was little to none for this particular model.

If not can someone confirm that the Logitech Harmony 1100 will do this?

I recently bought a Gyration RF Keyboard and remote, but 1 thing I'm not understanding. My tv is in the living room and all my electronic devices connected to it are in my media room. The keyboard and R4000 Air Mouse/Remote works nicely via RF, but the tv and cable box do not. They seem to only work over IR.

What I'm wanting is to keep all my devices in 1 room and in the living room have nothing but the tv. Can if this can indeed be done with this remote, it'd be nice to know how being that support online as well as what came in the box was little to none for this particular model.

What you'll need is a universal remote that is RF and has an IR blaster on the other end. The remote will talk RF to the blaster which will then translate the signal to IR for your devices.

For the 1100 you'll need to get the RF Extender (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/378&cl=us,en) sold seperately.

What you'll need is a universal remote that is RF and has an IR blaster on the other end. The remote will talk RF to the blaster which will then translate the signal to IR for your devices.

For the 1100 you'll need to get the RF Extender (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/378&cl=us,en) sold seperately.

I see. Makes sense why it only talks to the PC RF, because of the RF receiver.

Thanks

We did this with a flat panel plasma at my work. Our media center is located deep in our server room and the panel is in a cubical area in the main work place. We ran a HDMI to ethernet box to deliver video and audio over a simple cat6 cable (WAY easier to wire) as well as a IR over ethernet converter box that solved our IR reach issues. Keep in mind that there is a limit on how long the ethernet cable is! Read the specs about the adapter, hopefully will save you a troubleshooting headache that we ran into.

Good Luck!

We did this with a flat panel plasma at my work. Our media center is located deep in our server room and the panel is in a cubical area in the main work place. We ran a HDMI to ethernet box to deliver video and audio over a simple cat6 cable (WAY easier to wire) as well as a IR over ethernet converter box that solved our IR reach issues. Keep in mind that there is a limit on how long the ethernet cable is! Read the specs about the adapter, hopefully will save you a troubleshooting headache that we ran into.

Good Luck!

I did the same. I got one of those HDMI over cat5 devices that works very nicely :D What I'm doing is my tv is in the living room and all my devices are in my "Command Center" (Live free or die hard) ;) The HDMI over cat5 hits an HDMI switch and then into the swith I have my cable boxes, pc, etc.

Now as far as the IR goes, they make IR over ethernet boxes? Wow. Is there a universal one you would recommend that would work with about any RF bases remote? I currently have the Gyration R4000, but am gonna get the Harmony 1100.