automatically take screenshot and save

thefatmoop

I have a few virtual servers that run programs on the desktop... Problem is that if I want to check the servers I haveto login over vmware.. Which takes time... And I can't do that on my phone

Nothing confidential on the servers is there an easy way to automatically save screenshot of the desktop to a specific location every like 30seconds? I'm planning to then put the screen shot on a non standard port.

This is all mainly so I can view it on my phone. And I hear rumors there's a blackberry rdp, but rdp screws up the programs I've found.

Keylogger - Upload to FTP XD

cant you just enable 5900 on your virtual machines then vnc to them from your phone and get a screen cap that way. i can do that with my windows mobile phone and the apps are readily available. depends on your phone specs though how well it will work.

You could very easily write a script to take a screenshot and then dump it to an FTP or HTTP server, however this is going to take up a lot of space very quickly if it happens every 30 seconds.

what os's are you running, for the linux one's you could write a bash script for the built in screen shot taker for gnome or kde (think there's one that is just for bash as well)

That one shouldnt take you over 15 mins to create and make sure it works (though just make sure you have it setup towhere- you can poll for the most recent picture, and upon polling, it deletes the last 3 pix or whatever by time.

for windows im not sure, however im sure there is some vb script to do it somewhere.

here's an idea, you could have it save the pic to a public ftp (does the iphone browser support ftp? i dunno, dont have one).. and it could encrypt the pix and you could have the decrypt key on your phone.

This piece of python will take a screenshot (under linux and windows) and will upload it to an ftp server

import os
import ftplib
FTPHOST = "ftp.example.com"
FTPPORT = 21
FTPUSER = "anonymous"
FTPPASS = "a@anonymous.com"

def upload(filetoupload):
    ftp = ftplib.FTP()
    ftp.connect(FTPHOST,FTPPORT)
    ftp.login(FTPUSER,FTPPASS)
    f = open(filetoupload,'rb')
    ftp.storbinary(('STOR '+filetoupload),f)
    f.close()
    ftp.quit()

def screenshot(shotname):
    shotname = shotname+".png"
    if os.name == "nt":
        import ImageGrab
        img = ImageGrab.grab()
                img.save(shotname)
        upload(shotname)
        os.remove(shotname)
    elif os.name == "posix":
        import gtk.gdk
        w = gtk.gdk.get_default_root_window()
        sz = w.get_size()
        pb = gtk.gdk.Pixbuf(gtk.gdk.COLORSPACE_RGB,False,8,sz[0],sz[1])
        pb = pb.get_from_drawable(w,w.get_colormap(),0,0,0,0,sz[0],sz[1])
            pb.save(shotname,"png")
        upload(shotname)
        os.remove(shotname)

screenshot("screenshot")

sorry forgot to post when i solved problem

its an xp pro virtual running tons of mmorpg bots and my college blocks the ports to connect remote.

found a program runs from command line called cmdcapture.exe. made a batch (opens on startup) that loops and runs program every 30 seconds.

then i made webpage on nonstandard port that redirects to itself every 30 sec.

works perfect!

yea i know vnc is for windows mobile and u can prob rdp too. RDP screws up my bots and vnc must be tunneled cause its so insecure... prob cant do that on windows mobile (but if u werent using wifi security wouldnt matter)

i have a blackberry =/