If I buy a Fon Fonera+ today, April the seventh -

If I buy a Fon Fonera+ today, April the seventh - Will I be able to get Jasager working on it?

I see many of the guides are old and I don't want to waste the money if it wont work :P .

Thanks in advance guys! :)

You should be able to do it without a problem. Several people have used my tutorial to get it up and running: http://excid3.betaserver.org/fon-2201/open...n-the-fon-plus/

I have not heard of anyone trying it on the Fon 2.0 yet. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those when they come out.

Jasager works great on the Fon+. Actually i like running Jasager and OpenWRT better on the Fon+ because OpenWRT has support for both WAN and LAN NICs and it make it really easy to ICS between a computer and the Fon

Thanks for the help guys. But what I meant was that I do know that jasager can work on the Fon+, but I was thinking about the firmware. On the Hak5 episode they say DONT PLUG IT TO THE INTERNET. Well my thought was that if I bought a Fon+ today that it might already have that special firmware that doesent allow you to flash with the different firmware. Or have I misunderstould and you can actually flash OpenWRT on any firmware version.

Thanks for the help guys. But what I meant was that I do know that jasager can work on the Fon+, but I was thinking about the firmware. On the Hak5 episode they say DONT PLUG IT TO THE INTERNET. Well my thought was that if I bought a Fon+ today that it might already have that special firmware that doesent allow you to flash with the different firmware. Or have I misunderstould and you can actually flash OpenWRT on any firmware version.

I bought a Fon+ about a 1-2 weeks ago and I was able to flash the Fon+ just fine. I still didn't plug it in to the Internet.

I also bought a couple of fonera and one fonera+ last week and they shipped with the "old" firmware (as shown in the guides). I was able to follow right along with no problems at all. I think they only get updated when you connect them to the 'net. Order away Deathray!

vendox

I also bought a couple of fonera and one fonera+ last week and they shipped with the "old" firmware (as shown in the guides). I was able to follow right along with no problems at all. I think they only get updated when you connect them to the 'net. Order away Deathray!

vendox

Only the original Fon matters for having a proper firmware version. The Fon+ is fully open and ready to be flashed. Redboot is enabled and wide open so no problems there with the Fon+ unless you have a UK model which is slightly different.

Thanks guys for the friendliness :) . As long as it isn't impossible to get jasager working, I don't care. The harder the more I learn anyways :b.

I'll order one right away :D

By the way - does Jasager work better than airbase-ng? I wrote this tutorial over at remote-exploit but airbase-ng doesen't seem to work that stable/reliable.

Oh another quick.. LAST question before I buy.. any disadvantages of the + (plus) version vs the other?

Sorry for a delayed reply I've been away.

If you have a look at the thread about installing with 8.09 I've released a Jasager firmware which people have confirmed works on the Fon+ and I have running happily on a Fon2.

If you are in the UK then you may have problems as redboot listens on 0.0.0.0 by default so is basically useless so you can't reflash it without a cable. If you want to get one and are worried then spend the extra few pounds/dollars/whatever and build a cable as well, that way it doesn't matter what firmware you get by default you can ignore it and go straight into the juicy stuff.

Forgot about the airbase question. Karma is much more stable as it patches the drivers so there is nothing else running on top of them. Also, as it runs inside the driver it is quicker and more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...

Great I just received it and gave it some power and have been googling a bit on what the best approach would be to get jasager up and running. There are soooo man tutorials and ways of doing it - what would be the most up-to-date?

Godfather950, how did you get yours up and running? :)

Not sure which one you've got but if you've got a standard fon then get redboot by following Darrens instructions. If you've got a 2 or a + then redboot is already open. Then use the beta firmware that I've released in one of the other threads (title has 8.09 in it)

That firmware has Jasager already installed and working from the start.