Duplicate Emails with Exchange 2003 + Blackberry

Gehric-UK

Hiya Everyone i have a major problem that i cant seem to fix, right lets start 1 of my clients has a blackberry that is connected to the exchange server via IMAP which is in turn is configured on the Mobile fone network (T-Mobile UK) because there is no blackberry server on exchange (cost permitting) and all of a sudden duplicate emails is coming in in the inbox both on the exchange and on the blackberry i have had a look all over the net to no avail grrrrrrrrr is there anyone out there that has manage to fix this problem.

When 'moving' emails with imap, the exchange server will keep the original but not show it via imap. Which means when moving it back to the exchange server the mailbox ends up with two of the same email, but the imap client still only sees one. Some thing like this?

the issue is, the mail server isn't getting a confirmation that the client, in this case the blackberry, has received the message, so it is sending it again until it gets confirmation.

when this has occurred on pop mail with Thunderbird, we allow the client to download all messages, thus clearing messages from the server, and starting over.

Since this is IMAP mail, I'd suggest going into this user's webmail and deleting or moving to another folder all messages in the inbox.

Get the guy a BIS account and forward his exchange mails to this address, then set the sent address to the exchange address. Sometimes hacks aren't the answer. You could also try disabling cached exchange mode in outlook.

This happens with IMAP Gmail with a Blackberry too, or, at least it used to.

I believe the solution was to set up a filter that would automatically delete the duplicated email -- but it's been a long time since I've used a Blackberry so I'm not too sure.