Cheap RFID Readers/Writers?

dr0p

Well I was wondering what was available for RFID reader/writers for under $100. I was looking at this but I'm not sure exactly if it has what I'm looking for. I'm not sure if the chipset on that supports raw hex (or whatever) outputs or it can only parse what it has specifications for, which would be a problem since I'm not sure exactly what kind of output the card I'm tinkering with has. Thanks for any advice. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasn't exactly sure where to put it.

Bought mine from eBay, does the job nicely, I find eBay the best for these sorts of things normally, especially in the UK. Best bargain was an IDE to 2.5" IDE adapter, £0.01 for the adapter, £1 for the shipping from Hong Kong! Online stores in the UK wanted >£8 at the time for them.

Bought mine from eBay, does the job nicely, I find eBay the best for these sorts of things normally, especially in the UK. Best bargain was an IDE to 2.5" IDE adapter, £0.01 for the adapter, £1 for the shipping from Hong Kong! Online stores in the UK wanted >£8 at the time for them.

Ebay tends to be the cheapest place to buy them. Although your mainly find the 13.56MHz stuff, a little bit of 125KHz, your be hard pushed getting cheap 900MHz stuff on there but other than that their good, on a plus side most give you some VB code and tags with them and there cheap enough to take a soldering iron to and add a custom antenna if that's your bag.

I'm in the process of becoming less of a tech person as I find it a bit boring, so I may stick some of my shit on ebay at some point.

I'm in the process of becoming less of a tech person as I find it a bit boring, so I may stick some of my shit on ebay at some point.

If you want to get rid of anything let me know what you've got before the meet up and if there is anything that sounds good we can save postage.