New Techniques for Defeating SSL/TLS - Blackhat-09 Video

Vivek Ramachandran

This presentation will demonstrate some new tools and techniques that allow attackers to silently alter, inject, and log traffic intended for secure transmission by SSL/TLS in common web applications such as online banking or secure webmail logins. It builds off of the SSL exploit tools and research on the failure of browsers to validate BasicConstraints that I published in 2002, and will include demonstrations of a new tool for exploiting current use patterns as well as some data gathered from field testing in the real world.

Video of the entire presentation:

http://securitytube.net/Defeating-SSL-usin...hat)-video.aspx

Presentation slides:

http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-d...feating-SSL.pdf

Seriously. Nice website, ok videos, ok content... but dont spam the forums for shameless bumps. Shit is not cool. Forums/Hak5 is not your blog.

Calm down buddy! I have no such intention.

I generally only post videos which i or my hacker friends have made. In this case, as the Moxie talk was quite a rage and the video was not available on any public site, i decided to make a post.

Seriously. Nice website, ok videos, ok content... but dont spam the forums for shameless bumps. Shit is not cool. Forums/Hak5 is not your blog.

I have to say I'm getting annoyed about it as well.

If you MUST spam (as that is what I would consider this to be) your website on the forum, keep it in one thread and update a post, at least then its not 7 topics with no real discussion on the first page.

Link in your signature is fine and people will follow it.