Can't access fon

After trying to get an internet connection setup on the fon following this link http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager I was able to do so, but when I got to the network config inside of OpenWRT webif when I changed it to DHCP and set the ip to 192.168.0.250 I saved the settings then applied the settings I can no longer access the fon.

It doesn't give me an ip at all wireless or hardwired. I tried running wireshark to see if I could see any valid ip info, I ran the flash utility to see if it would show a valid ip at all to no avail. Just wondering if I'm looking at getting a new fon or if it's still possible to use this one.

I have looked at a few threads about using the serial cable, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention I did try setting static addresses 192.168.0.x 192.168.1.x as well and still was not able to connect to the fon.

After trying to get an internet connection setup on the fon following this link http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager I was able to do so, but when I got to the network config inside of OpenWRT webif when I changed it to DHCP and set the ip to 192.168.0.250 I saved the settings then applied the settings I can no longer access the fon.

It doesn't give me an ip at all wireless or hardwired. I tried running wireshark to see if I could see any valid ip info, I ran the flash utility to see if it would show a valid ip at all to no avail. Just wondering if I'm looking at getting a new fon or if it's still possible to use this one.

I have looked at a few threads about using the serial cable, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention I did try setting static addresses 192.168.0.x 192.168.1.x as well and still was not able to connect to the fon.

Just reflash using the AP51 flash utility or through Redboot.

How can I reflash it if I can't connect to it? There is no DHCP no ip being assigned to my internal nic or via wireless. I can't figure out how to see what ip the fon itself is using. I did try the flash utility already and all I get is "No Packet". As I stated above I tested with wireshark as well trying to figure out what IP the fon might be getting and I've also tried setting static addresses to no avail.

I am struck here with two Foneras :(

I followed exactly as explained in http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager .

Here is the wireshark output from the internal NIC that was physically connected to Fon after following the tutorial.

22 12.609816 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 DHCP DHCP Discover - Transaction ID 0x5cbde1c1

I don't understand what went wrong. Any suggestions??

Edited by chakir

Hello anyone Could you please find a solution for my problem???

Here is what my "ipconfig /all" says

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : icarus

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-BF-0F-C7-D6

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.9

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:32:34 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 9:14:07 PM

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D3-C4-09-45

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

You probably did the same thing I did. When you changed the ip to 192.168.0.250 and you set it to DHCP now the fon is acting as just another client looking for a DHCP server to obtain and IP Address. What you need to do as I stated above is connect the fon to a switch/router and your lap-top to the same network and do an nmap scan, look at the client status in the switch/router to find the ip of the fon and then you can log back into the fon and set it back to static.

Once you set it to static hit save changes then set it to static again like the tutorial says then click apply changes and you should be good.