New Build

ryan1894

Hi hak5 members...

I'm new here and I'd like you guys (heard you guys know your stuff) to give some comments about this build?

Intel Core i7 Version:

Core i7

Gigabyte x58

G.Skill DDR3-1333 i7 6GB Kit

Antec NSK4480B

Arctic Silver 5

Palit GTX295

Thermalright LGA1366BTK

or

AMD PhenomII 940BE

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H

4Gb DDR2 1066Mhz

Antec NSK4480B

Arctic Silver 5

Palit GTX295

AM2+ Backplate and BTK

The AMD version costs $200 less than the i920 version.

I'd also like to note that the Thermalright BTK is for the TRUE120 (silver) and I will be overclocking, to however height the specs allow me...

Please comment!

The thing is if I go Phenom2 with GTX295, will there be any major problems with it? like bad support or compatibility or something?

No there would be no issues between the phenom2 and the gtx295, just make sure the board you buy supports sli instead of crossfire, thats all.

I would still think about getting a power supply no smaller than a 550watt because yah, the phenom and gtx will take ALOT of power away by themselves, but you also have to take into account the mtb, all the integrated peripherals/etc on the mtb including memory, and then if your case has lighting, and extra fans, or you want to add more fans, then it is always a + to just go ahead and overkill it a little bit, besides, pwr supplies around the 550 to 800watt range are fairly cheap these days so you dont have to worry about breaking the bank.

i would be very dissapointed if you bought an AMD because these days i dont know what they have on their minds

go with the core i7 and not upgrade for like 5 years lol