Norton Security

IC3

Hey everyone! lately my new project is bypassing Norton security. My friend gave me his old computer with Norton security settings hit parents had set for him. My goal is to get full access to the computer, but my only problem is that the cmd prompt is limited and very limited programs are usable. I have been trying to find the administrator password, but it wont let me use any programs. Any help or bypass would be greatly appreciated because i am very frustrated...

Cheers,

IC3

p.s. i know this sounds easy, but i am so limited with programs i cant bypass my way around it without the computer crashing.

Hey everyone! lately my new project is bypassing Norton security. My friend gave me his old computer with Norton security settings hit parents had set for him. My goal is to get full access to the computer, but my only problem is that the cmd prompt is limited and very limited programs are usable. I have been trying to find the administrator password, but it wont let me use any programs. Any help or bypass would be greatly appreciated because i am very frustrated...

Cheers,

IC3

p.s. i know this sounds easy, but i am so limited with programs i cant bypass my way around it without the computer crashing.

Ubuntu, download, burn, boot, full access.

Yeah, any live disc will let you access files, make changes. UBCD4WIN even lets you mount the registry and make changes, like removing norton from startup on boot and the services associated with it. You can also change the password and then boot in as admin, delete old profiles and create a new user with full systme access. I would just reinstall windows though and be done with it. Unles syou had a reason to get on the machine or to recover some files or something, why try bypassing it when you can just resintall whatever you want on there now that its your computer? (or is it not your computer and you are doing this for some other reason??)

Did you know that there's a SHOW associated with these forums? Gaining admin access on windows boxes has been discussed like a BAZILLION times. You might want to actually WATCH it.

Even Norton probably can't stop a determined admin from an uninstall.

Now, if you're trying to do it so parents don't notice - Just buy another machine and let his parents know that he's using it. It's called a "Red Herring", look it up.

Can't you just get OphcrackUSB, boot from the USB stick, get your parents (administrator) password then you should be able to have all sorts of fun.... and I guess you could either upgrade your account or create new admin account

All these should get you full access...

1) Boot from a live cd (like ubuntu/knoppix) then rename whatever Norton runs at boot, sometimes this is an .exe, or a .dll, rename example.dll to example.dll.dummy, so it cant run. This works with any program, though the effectiveness of this tactic will depend on what version of Norton they are running.

2) Run the Norton Removal Tool (note the cd key first) create a hidden admin account, and then reinstall Norton

3) Partition the drive and install Linux (or Windows for that matter), but set it to boot to XP by default.

4) Crack the admin password using OphCrack, create a hidden account

5) If 4 doesn't work, make a copy of the SAM file using Knoppix (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG) save it to a USB drive and take it to another computer and try to crack it using larger Rainbow Tables, or try submitting it on IRC, or a word list. If you really can't crack it, just remove the password using NT Password Recovery

If you boot from a disc you can run any program you want because you're above the OS (and Norton)