Vista app help

cobra6460

Hey guys quick question, dose anyone know how to change it so vista dosnt close an app (ran like a cmd or a batch code its self)) when the code is complete because some apps are run like this and it closes them right after i open them.

thanks guys,

Cobra

EDIT: i think the main problem is i cant run shell scripts, any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Hey guys quick question, dose anyone know how to change it so vista dosnt close an app (ran like a cmd or a batch code its self)) when the code is complete because some apps are run like this and it closes them right after i open them.

thanks guys,

Cobra

I think you're trying to say...., when you run a command prompt app, it closes before you can see anything.

If you have access to the code, you could add a "cin"..., but that's assuming it's written in C++...,

Well, why do you need to see it anyway?

I think you're trying to say...., when you run a command prompt app, it closes before you can see anything.

If you have access to the code, you could add a "cin"..., but that's assuming it's written in C++...,

Well, why do you need to see it anyway?

things like aapr or rainbow tables, they just close when i open them or when i run a python script when the results show up (as a command prompt box) it jsut closes right after opening and i cant read the results

try to open a command prompt first then drag the app into the command prompt.

this didnt work

things like aapr or rainbow tables, they just close when i open them or when i run a python script when the results show up (as a command prompt box) it jsut closes right after opening and i cant read the results

this didnt work

Are you able to edit the source code?

If so just add a line that asks for keyboard input into a variable, as long as you don't enter something, it'll stay on the screen.

Also, try opening cmd and changing directories to the program and launching it there...

this didnt work

the problem here is that you need to open the command prompt first then run the program. If you are using a bat script to execute a command then it always closes the command prompt and unless you tell the script to wait for you to look at the results then your SOL cause thats just the nature of the command prompt.

i think i've found one of the mains problems or just adding on,

i cant run shell scripts <--- ?_? i've never had this issue so i dont know if i've accidently changed a setting or vista just sucks that bad, any suggestions are greatly appreciated

For the love of god at least give us the error message or some replication details.

...i would if i could, if i had the error msg i woulda just fixed it my self, ok for an example:

when i try opening the Metasploit 3 gui, (as normal or admin) NOTHING happens it just loads then dosnt do anything (nothing shows up). its kinda hard explaining it, i'll make a quick little video if it would help