Does Powerband really work ??

L337G33K

http://www.powerbandinternet.com/howitswork.php

I agree BS. At first I was thinking, "Well, if you had 10 or so 3G receivers running in parallel", but that page disproves that. Also, 10 3G adapters in parallel would cost a fortune to run, and $40 would not cover it. This is of course ignoring the problem that at some point the 3G adapters would stop working efficiently by interfering with each other.

On top of that:

powerbandinternet.com (68.178.254.145)

68.178.128.0 - 68.178.255.255

GoDaddy.com, Inc.

14455 N Hayden Road

Suite 226

Scottsdale, AZ

US

Network Operations Center

noc@godaddy.com

+1-480-505-8809

An ISP probably wouldn't register there domain with godaddy and opt for private registration so they are harder to contact after they scammed you out of $40 then raided your bank account.

The only way it could work is if they give you some kinda remote access to a system that has a very fast connection. IE you RDP into a box, which can download 10GB in 10s, using a dial up connection. You get the fast page download times despite having a piss poor connection yourself. IE a primitive form of computer as a service rather than a product.

However, its most likely to be a scam, given that this kinda tech need serious capital to get going. But there is a market for it, i know of photographers who have a windows VPS with photoshop installed they can use anywhere in the world.

The only way it could work is if they give you some kinda remote access to a system that has a very fast connection. IE you RDP into a box, which can download 10GB in 10s, using a dial up connection. You get the fast page download times despite having a piss poor connection yourself. IE a primitive form of computer as a service rather than a product.

However, its most likely to be a scam, given that this kinda tech need serious capital to get going. But there is a market for it, i know of photographers who have a windows VPS with photoshop installed they can use anywhere in the world.

Two questions ?

1.What is IE ? Is it Internet Explorer

2.What is RDP ?

Which would render this service useless for it's (probable) target consumer, the pirates.

1.What is IE ? Is it Internet Explorer

In this instance it means "for example"

2.What is RDP ?

(Windows) Remote Desktop. VNC is similar but less Windows specific. Remote X is a Linux thing. All do the same thing which is allow you to see applications running on a remote computer.

In this instance it means "for example"

(Windows) Remote Desktop. VNC is similar but less Windows specific. Remote X is a Linux thing. All do the same thing which is allow you to see applications running on a remote computer.

"for example"....I got confused :huh: as it was written in capitals.I usually write it as ie.

And RDP means Remote Desktop ! [nearly guessed it as the webpage mentions it]

Thanks for the answers. :lol: :lol: