Network Mapping Tool

G-Stress

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a good tool to map out my network. I've messed with SpiceWorks a little and RouterSim's Network Visualizer, both are good, just curious if there is any other out there that is fairly decent. 10-Strike Software's LANState looks pretty good, but I'm looking for something freeware if possible.

you looking for an app that will give you a visual map of your network including device information for any devices connected to your lan? theres a couple that i like to use in windows, the first one is essential nettools, and the other is network magic pro.

Thanks guys those all do work well some of which I've tried before. I'm looking for more of something that will either scan or I can manually enter my own network layout. Something that will list open ports, services running, etc.

What I'm trying to do is basically draw out my network so I can print it out and post it above my main machine. It'll be easier to remember which machine is running what and what ports I have forwarded to what machine. Hope that all make sense.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys those all do work well some of which I've tried before. I'm looking for more of something that will either scan or I can manually enter my own network layout. Something that will list open ports, services running, etc.

What I'm trying to do is basically draw out my network so I can print it out and post it above my main machine. It'll be easier to remember which machine is running what and what ports I have forwarded to what machine. Hope that all make sense.

Thanks in advance.

ok well i listed essential nettools which will do exactly what youre talking about. you should actually look into the tools people post for you.

Thanks in advance.

Spreed Sheet

@ Vector, Sorry I did see that essential tools you listed, but I was thinking NetTools for some reason which is also good.

@ DingleBerries, did you mean Spread Sheet? As in Microsoft SpreadSheet? googling "Spreed Sheet" only pointed to Spread Sheets.

@ VaKo, Nmap, yes I love nmap and use it frequently. Are you referring to Microsoft Visio? I've actually never messed with that, but will give it a look tonight.

Thanks again.