Fon wireless transmit.

tux_

Hi, Been a fan of hak5 since the first series, only registered on the forums today because all the projects that ive taken up that i saw on hak5 have been so well documented and so well explained, i never needed to ask for help.

The fon project is no different, but i ran into a snag.

I managed to get everything going, it was fine.

I tested out the fon with karma installed and it worked a treat. Wireless is my "area", so you can imagine how excited i was when i heard of the Jasager project.

As i was saying, it worked fine.....until i unplugged the cat5 cable so i could have it wireless.

I went to search for the fon in the wlassisstant in BTv2 and 3, and then i tried on xp, but none would pick it up. SO i came to the conclusion it was the fon. Looking at the fon, the WLAN light is off, i get no activity from ti whatsoever. I find this odd because i was sure to set wireles transmit to on when i was undergoing the project.

In case it didnt work, i went back into putty and ran the commands again, to no avail.

Any help would be awesome.

I hate joining a forum just to ask a question, i frequent on some other forums and hate it when people do it there, so it kills me that my first post here is a question >_<

Halp =]

EDIT:

I fixed the problem. A nice long reboot did the trick. Now Open WRT appears in a connections list. Although, isnt Myworld or somethign similar supposed to appear?

the WLAN light is off, i get no activity from ti whatsoever.

Which version of jasager are you useing? only the one released a few days ago uses the wlan light otherwise its not used and will remain dark.

Also did you turn karma on before disconnecting the karma and do you have wireless networks on your laptop that are set to auto connect that are not encrypted?

I have sorted the light problems.

webif shows wireless is on, and an assortment of my wireless enabled devices recognise my AP (although they are no where near it, and should nto have full signal.) and connect to it. They also appear in the karma connected clients window.

So i guess everything is peachy now :)

I dont understand the double ssid concept. (i understand the concept, but why dont i have it)

On my laptop im doing the pen testing on, i connect to OpenWrt, which is not encrypted.

And thats the only ssid that appears.

Is this correct?

I want to know everything is standard and working before i add to the fon. :)

Im also working on setting up a connection to allow the users to still access the internet through the fon, through my own connection.

I havent had any luck. Bridging doesnt work because when i go to 192.168.1.1 in by browser i get my DD-WRT linksys router home page, not the karma page.

I don't think the remembered connection has to be un-encrypted. My WRT is WPA-PSK encrypted but FON still forges it and I connect (it doesn't give me an IP but that's a whole different story :P)

You would be the first then, everyone else has stated that encrypted networks wont work. If you arent getting an IP from the fon then i dont think its working with encrypted...you cant mitm someone unless they get an IP from you.

I dont understand the double ssid concept. (i understand the concept, but why dont i have it)

Im not sure what your asking here.

On my laptop im doing the pen testing on, i connect to OpenWrt, which is not encrypted.

And thats the only ssid that appears.

Is this correct?

I want to know everything is standard and working before i add to the fon. :)

has this laptop connected to any other open networks and been told to automatically reconnect next time they are in range?

Im also working on setting up a connection to allow the users to still access the internet through the fon, through my own connection.

I havent had any luck. Bridging doesnt work because when i go to 192.168.1.1 in by browser i get my DD-WRT linksys router home page, not the karma page.

are they useing the same IP address?

Im not sure what your asking here.

What i mean is, should i have it?

has this laptop connected to any other open networks and been told to automatically reconnect next time they are in range?

Yes, quite a few are in the wireless favorites list.

are they useing the same IP address?

What?

The fon and my computer? Or the wifi card connected to the fon and connected to the outside network?

A couple of points here. Jasager doesn't broadcast any ssid so you won't pick it up if you scan for it but pick a random ssid and try to connect and you should get a connection.

For the encrypted APs, it depends on your client. Some clients will specify that if they expect encryption (WEP/WPA) then they will only connect to an AP if it has that encryption. Others will degrade back to no encryption if they find an AP with the same SSID but without encryption.

I'm also not sure what you mean about the IP address stuff. If you are trying to setup connection sharing through linux then the way I do it is to have the wifi on one subnet and the wired on another then make sure connection forwarding is enabled and I have routing setup correctly on both the fon and on my default gateway.

I run BT and XP, so having it in either is fine.

What i mean about the ip stuff is I am trying to get around the problem of having people connect, but they have no internet connection.

Ive tried using ICS in doze, but it doesnt seem to be working.