another vista issue

RogueHart

im a gamer so fullscreen mode is needed for a good gaming experience.

but fullscreen for me isnt working properly. what it does it blacks the screen then fills in the right resolution. im basically playing windowed mode with a black background.

does anyone know how to fix this if its even possible?

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? What size monitor are you using and what make/model graphics card do you have?

yeah i run all games i play in compatibility mode but to no avail. only 1 game does a proper fullscreen and thats martial heroes.

heres the specs for my computer as detected by xfire

Manufacturer: Gateway

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz

Memory: 1014MB RAM

Hard Drive: 148 GB

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Sound Card: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

Speakers/Headphones: Skull candy Skull Crushers.

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface: Anything that works. My matress usually

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Motherboard:

Computer Case:

its a laptop btw.

Maybe is you GPU. Laptop can't handle it with that GPU?? I have a Raedon 200m in mine and I can play Warsow full screen 1024x768 in 16bit with some minor tweaks to the settings. FOr the most part, I am just barely making it smoothly in the game. Defaults kill it and just run choppy. Maybe you can change the games resolution to smaller size and 16bit graphics and see what happens, but sounds like your lappy's GPU is not up to snuff. Maybe invest in a nice desktop machine with a decent GPU.

Maybe is you GPU. Laptop can't handle it with that GPU?? I have a Raedon 200m in mine and I can play Warsow full screen 1024x768 in 16bit with some minor tweaks to the settings. FOr the most part, I am just barely making it smoothly in the game. Defaults kill it and just run choppy. Maybe you can change the games resolution to smaller size and 16bit graphics and see what happens, but sounds like your lappy's GPU is not up to snuff. Maybe invest in a nice desktop machine with a decent GPU.

well thats whats confusing me. warsow worked just fine for a while but at some point it stopped going fullscreen altogether. it says fullscreen in the setup menu but its windowed.

fear combat and fear both have the same issue with being a black screen with a rectangle of gameplay thats size depends on the resolution i set. i can play okay. no lag or anything. my computer is handling the games fine even when performance options arent set to minimum.

I would look into digip's reccomandations. You can also try these.

Press Alt+Enter during game play

Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn OFF table PC Options

Install the Windows XP video card driver for use in Vista. Microsoft KB926657

Right-click desktop > Personalize > Display Settings > Monitor tab > Advanced Settings > Adapter tab > Properties > > Display Adapter Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver > Browse My Computer for Driver Software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Select and highlight Standard VGA Graphics Adapter > Next > Wait at least 5mins, even if monitor goes black, restart and try again. :/

Just curious. Did you always have these problems, or just after installing warsow?

Id say your laptop probably just isn't meant for gaming. Especially with those onboard intel graphic chips, they really aren't high end 3d cards.

I would look into digip's reccomandations. You can also try these.

Press Alt+Enter during game play

Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn OFF table PC Options

Install the Windows XP video card driver for use in Vista. Microsoft KB926657

Right-click desktop > Personalize > Display Settings > Monitor tab > Advanced Settings > Adapter tab > Properties > > Display Adapter Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver > Browse My Computer for Driver Software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Select and highlight Standard VGA Graphics Adapter > Next > Wait at least 5mins, even if monitor goes black, restart and try again. :/

so far those havent done anything but i havent gone thorugh the list yet.

Just curious. Did you always have these problems, or just after installing warsow?

Id say your laptop probably just isn't meant for gaming. Especially with those onboard intel graphic chips, they really aren't high end 3d cards.

true but i dont have any other options. it living costs to much these days lol.

edit:

okay wtf. xfire is taking screenshots as if it was working properly.

i think i know whats not happening that happens in windows xp. in xp when you play a game in fullscreen it automatically sets the screens resolution to the games settings. while vista just blacks out everything but the game and leaves the resolution untouched. can anyone tell me how i could fix this?

sorry for the double post. thought it would be easier than making a new topic and would be less spamming.

i can remedy the situation myself if you guys can give me some info. whats the batch command that controls screen resolution? ill make a batch file for each game that either changes the resolution then launches the game or vice versa.