Ideas on what to do once you have the Fon running

Well, I've got my Fon running Jasager, but does it only works on unencrypted networks?

My target who's got a wpa profile, does'nt connect at all... Only targets with unencrypted profiles...

Did I do something wrong, or is it working as designed?

Well, I've got my Fon running Jasager, but does it only works on unencrypted networks?

My target who's got a wpa profile, does'nt connect at all... Only targets with unencrypted profiles...

I dont own the Fon but i think im right with what im saying here if not someone correct me, if they are connected to a wifi network with encryption on even if your rouge AP has the same SSID as the real trusted one, there computer will pick the encrypted acesspoint before the rouge one.

example:

rouge AP no encryption called (NETGEAR)

real AP with WEP or WPA encryption called (NETGEAR)

The targets computer is configured to connect to AP named (NETGEAR) with wep, so it will maybe try to connect to yours then notice there is no encryption, so it then thinks, OH! im configured for WEP, one second this is not safe. Rescans and finds same SSID with WEP trys the key thats stored in the targets computer anyway and connects.

Hope that explains why that is happening.

Now if for some reason the targets router was turned off one day and he turned on his PC you could use airbase-ng that will respond to all probe requests when the computer is looking for NETGEAR with WEP it will say "YO thats me" then they will connect to the rouge AP, but only if there real one is not there.

It depends on the clients configuration, if it expects WEP/WPA and doesn't get it some will move on till they find an encrypted network, others will just drop back to unencrypted. Jasager can only do unencrypted as it obviously doesn't know the encryption keys for the encrypted networks.