Can't get past "Security Notice" on 172.16.42.1

cvnistc

post-51346-0-61004900-1439564318_thumb.p

I've run into a problem on my new Pineapple where I can't actually use it because I can't get past this Security Notice screen. If I click the Continue at the bottom of the screen it refreshes the page. I've followed the instructions, multiple times on different computers and different SD cards, and I always have the same issue.

Things I've done:

1. loaded the 2.4 factory recovery image using DIP 11110

2. formatted the SD card to FAT and FAT32. both the original card and one I've had that's worked

3. powered off the device, set the DIP switches to the picture then applied power...all I get is a solid green and blue light

4. opened a ticket

5. factory settings reset

6. tried all again.

I get to the exact place via Ethernet or wifi.

Anyone run into this or able to help??

I haven't fixed the issue but I just found out the WiFi pineapple book that was in the box does not have the page "First Page Setup" which has the LED indicators. It looks like it's in a "flash in progress", I'll try it again and leave it for an hour or so.

I'm not able to get into the device. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it seems to be a bug. On this site I found my answer, disable the dip switch check, which then let me create my password and get into the device.

• DIP setup can be skipped if the file "skip_dip_setup" is placed in the root of the SD card

Hope this helps someone else

So when you get to this screen, do you change the dip switches as prompted, then hit continue, then change to the second configuration? There are 2 different ones.

Yes, when switch the dip switch just like it tells me to, then press contenue, it just refreshes the screen and I end up on the same screen. I have tried both options, only to be back at the same screen. I have tried to update it before this all happened and was able to use it, during the flash update it was shut off during the flash update. I have since did a factory reset and even did a factory flash update to factory bin, only to end up being stuck on this notice screen. I cannot get past this screen for the life of me.

Do you have a formatted SD Card in the pineapple? If so, pop it in your PC and create a file in the root directory of the sd card called "skip_dip_setup". If you are using windows, that can be sneaky and add an extension for you. It shouldn't have an extension.

Do you have a formatted SD Card in the pineapple? If so, pop it in your PC and create a file in the root directory of the sd card called "skip_dip_setup". If you are using windows, that can be sneaky and add an extension for you. It shouldn't have an extension.

Thank you so much for your help!! I will try again when I get home from school. Yes, I know how to make a file without an extention in windows. I just have to change my file settings so that I can see the extention. I do have a formated sd card. After the first sd card failed when I first got it, I replaced it with an 8 gig sd card.

Yes, when switch the dip switch just like it tells me to, then press contenue, it just refreshes the screen and I end up on the same screen. I have tried both options, only to be back at the same screen. I have tried to update it before this all happened and was able to use it, during the flash update it was shut off during the flash update. I have since did a factory reset and even did a factory flash update to factory bin, only to end up being stuck on this notice screen. I cannot get past this screen for the life of me.

You are actually setting the DIP Switches to one of the two smaller images, and not the bigger image at the top of the page, right?

• 1 month later...

I have a new MK5 and this is exactly the steps I have taken only to be blocked by the "SecurityNotice" webpage that leads to nowhere. Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understood it the dip switches are for boot mode only, so if the page is requesting you to change your dip settings in order to proceed how are the dip changes even being effective. (Unless the intention is for you to power down switch them then power up again.) which I did with no luck!!!

I have tried everything that "cvnistc ", has done right after a flash update was interupted. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!