Registry Key to Disable Keyboard

tempnode

Is there a registry key that disables the keyboard (XP/Vista) without reboot?

I can reload the registry hive through a couple different methods (kill and restart explorer.exe is the most popular but there are cleaner ways), but i need a key that doesn't require a reboot to take effect.

for example, the following key will disable the keyboard, but it won't update when i reload the registry hive:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response\Flags

There are keys that take effect when the registry hive is reloaded, but the key that i listed will not. So, like I said, I need a registry key that will take effect when I reload the registry hive. A key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER is preferred, but I suppose a key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE will work as well.

Is there a registry key that disables the keyboard (XP/Vista) without reboot?

I can reload the registry hive through a couple different methods (kill and restart explorer.exe is the most popular but there are cleaner ways), but i need a key that doesn't require a reboot to take effect.

for example, the following key will disable the keyboard, but it won't update when i reload the registry hive:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response\Flags

There are keys that take effect when the registry hive is reloaded, but the key that i listed will not. So, like I said, I need a registry key that will take effect when I reload the registry hive. A key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER is preferred, but I suppose a key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE will work as well.

If you know the key and the command to put in there, export that key and edit it to reflect a turn on and turn off reg files. Once the file is double clicked and merged to the registry, it should take effect rigth away under XP.

yeah, i'm having no problem changing the key.

i'm having a problem finding a key that i can change that locks the keyboard, and when the registry is notified and updated, the changes take effect.

currently, i can change the value, and i see the new value in regedit (so obviously, the change has been recorded in the registry), but the change isn't taking effect. i think it's not updating simply because a restart is absolutely required for this change to take effect. some registry keys don't need a restart, so i'm trying to find a registry key that doesnt need a restart to take effect (assuming that it will take effect after i can reload the registry hive)