Bluesocket wg 2000 gateway need help with setup plz

still learning

I got it on ebay for 50$, it is 1.3ghz 256ram, 20gb hd here is pics

0000027oy1jk4.th.jpg

Pagina

the drive was completely wiped when i got it, so i took the top off and manually installed ubuntu server which it boots too but i have no idea how to plug a keyboard into this thing or what its IP is .. i am currently useing ubuntu client and was going to try and make this a server, how do i connect to it from my current pc to access it, so i can set it up as a server, or if you know a freeware version of bluesocket's software that it is suppose to come with that will do the same thing, i tried to find it via torrent and everywhere i know of without success. i called the company and they want like 9000$ for the software, any ideas on the best way to set this up or how to access it via my other pc please? thanks!

\

Just ordered a serial port to PS/2 convertor today on ebay to use both a mouse or keyboard, thanks!!!

I also just made a headless laptop server running win 2003 server to learn how to use it, and for some reason it wont let me update it, or connect even to google.. any ideas? i know the internet connection should be there considering it is running on the same router to the pc i am typing from now. what am i not doing right? if i should just start a new thread let me know, thanks again!

I’ve not used one of those but the way I do it on similar devices is connect via serial using hyper terminal or Procomm plus and do a network install from one of the servers on my network, but the easiest way to do it for you would be to take out the hard drive and do an install from another machine.

Taking out the HD and reformatting is no problem, I allready have done it more then a couple of times to try and get this thing to work. From what i hear SSH is the best way, and i cant install that until I get the part in the real-mail to convert the com port to my ps/2 keyboard.

One step at a time..thank you for all of the help!! :)

I’ve not used one of those but the way I do it on similar devices is connect via serial using hyper terminal or Procomm plus and do a network install from one of the servers on my network, but the easiest way to do it for you would be to take out the hard drive and do an install from another machine.

Ahhhh.. didnt think about network install.. 2 cool points for you sir