need help with my internet

darkjoker

I need some help with my internet, for some reason when i leave my computer alone for a hour or so my internet connection kills itself. it says limited or no connectivity. i have a cable internet and i run it through a netgear router to my computer and my sis's, my computer is the only one that does this so i think it mite be a setting in my computer, anyone have any idea why?

I have the same thing.

Go to your router webmin page. In the basic settings there is an Idle timeout setting. this should be set to 0 (zero) to maintain a permanent connection. Your ISP will probably disconnect you after an hour or so of idle time, but the router will reconnect automatically with this setting.

And unless you have a static IP set up with your ISP, it (your IP) will change every 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

I would have thought this is more to do with the LAN because windows can't tell when the router loses it's connection to the Internet, the "limited or no connection" messagge will appare when windows loses (or it thinks it lost) it' network connection.

I have the same thing.

Go to your router webmin page. In the basic settings there is an Idle timeout setting. this should be set to 0 (zero) to maintain a permanent connection. Your ISP will probably disconnect you after an hour or so of idle time, but the router will reconnect automatically with this setting.

And unless you have a static IP set up with your ISP, it (your IP) will change every 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

there is no option for the timeout setting. but i think i fixed it last night by updating the firmware. if it still does it I'll reply so i can get more ideas.