So my friends nmap'ed

Sparda

and the results is... I am a honey pot.

So, apparently two out of three times my friends point nmap at my IP address, they seem to get the results that all ports are open. nmap also reports the finger print of the traffic to be a Cisco PIX... I have a Linksys AG241 to get me connected to the Internet, has any one else seen BT (British Telecom for people who don't know what the proper meaning of BT is ;)) honey potting you when scanning people on they're network?

Don't a lot of Linksys routers come up as Cisco Devices? I mean, they are made by them, so it make sense that the hardware is identified as a cisco device.

Linksys, a division of Cisco Systems, Inc.

and the results is... I am a honey pot.

So, apparently two out of three times my friends point nmap at my IP address, they seem to get the results that all ports are open. nmap also reports the finger print of the traffic to be a Cisco PIX... I have a Linksys AG241 to get me connected to the Internet, has any one else seen BT (British Telecom for people who don't know what the proper meaning of BT is ;)) honey potting you when scanning people on they're network?

How do we know you're really nmap'ed

post your IP and we'll see...;)