Is it possilbe to remotly find out someones password?

USBHacker

Hello!

Is it possibly to remotely (from my computer to theirs) hack someones computer, finding out there passwords?

Or to put there passwords onto a usb that I put into there USB port?

I think that both of these things could be possible, just by getting the file that stores the LM (or whatever) Hashes. Then using that online rainbow table thingy (like OPHCrack but online, that stores 60GB of Rainbow Tables or something like that) to crack the Hashes?

Thanks in advanced,

USBHacker

You could brute force it, takes time but perfectly easy to do. But to get a list of passwords or the password files you would need to have superuser level access to the system. This can be achieved by stealing/socialing access to the system or exploiting the system in such a way that you can elevate the access you do have or gain access to the system. It depends on what the system is running, what password you want and the services that are running on a public interface & how you exploit them.

Hello!

Is it possibly to remotely (from my computer to theirs) hack someones computer, finding out there passwords?

Or to put there passwords onto a usb that I put into there USB port?

I think that both of these things could be possible, just by getting the file that stores the LM (or whatever) Hashes. Then using that online rainbow table thingy (like OPHCrack but online, that stores 60GB of Rainbow Tables or something like that) to crack the Hashes?

Thanks in advanced,

USBHacker

I like this, no BS about "My friend lost his Password".

^I try and pride myself on being straightforward!

:D

You could brute force it, takes time but perfectly easy to do. But to get a list of passwords or the password files you would need to have superuser level access to the system. This can be achieved by stealing/socialing access to the system or exploiting the system in such a way that you can elevate the access you do have or gain access to the system. It depends on what the system is running, what password you want and the services that are running on a public interface & how you exploit them.

Can you tell me how I can make my elevate my account to superuser level?

Thanks in advance,

USBHacker