How to make a computer turn On by its self

Justin Ewing

Is it possible to tell it to sleep and then wake using Task manager or AT command?

Creates a sleep and then wake up schedule besed on your configuration.

http://www.passmark.com/products/sleeper.htm

sleeperscreenshot1.gif

There is also this article on doing it as well but you need to program it: http://www.enterprisenetworksandservers.co...ly/art.php?1049

I've been trying to get my machine to turn on at 7:20am which should be easy since theres the option in the bios, but.. it doesn't fucken work, I've tested it successfully by setting to turn on at current-time + 5 min, turning it off and waiting for that 5 min to pass, but when i set it to turn on at 7:20am, turn it off at 11pm it doesn't turn on in the morning.

My bios clock isnt loosing time or anything, so the bios battery isnt running flat.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have a ga-m51gm-s2g which uses a nforce430 and the award modular bios v6.00

I've been trying to get my machine to turn on at 7:20am which should be easy since theres the option in the bios, but.. it doesn't fucken work, I've tested it successfully by setting to turn on at current-time + 5 min, turning it off and waiting for that 5 min to pass, but when i set it to turn on at 7:20am, turn it off at 11pm it doesn't turn on in the morning.

My bios clock isnt loosing time or anything, so the bios battery isnt running flat.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have a ga-m51gm-s2g which uses a nforce430 and the award modular bios v6.00

Assuming your on Windows, is your Power settings in the control panel checked off to allow hibernation or sleep modes?

Put your pc in hibernation or sleep and hit enter on the keyboard or move the mosue. If they pc does not wake, then I don't think your pc can do it. (I could be wrong though.)

Na, i dont want to resume it from some sleep-type-thing, i want it actually powered off, (with maybe a little power for the clock/alarm).

hmm just reading the motherboard manual and it says something interesting, maybe there just trying to trick me.

POWER-ON by alarm

you can set "resume by alarm" item to enabled and key in date/time to power on system.

The use of the word resume would indicate that its just wake up from shitty sleep, but thats the only time that word is used.