Mubix's USB Torrent file is now available for cool USB tools etc

geekdba

* elmer hopes mubix sees this

1st thing: Finally! It's up! I am so happy!

2nd thing: I already downloaded it, it looks neat.

3rd thing: Any explanation on what all of these things do?

Here's what little explanation I have:

CDex - This seems like Exact Audio Copy. It is a CD ripper, I think.

System Mechanic 6 - Oh my goodness! This is awesome! I am using it right now on my system. It appears to tie up all the loose ends on your computer. It scans for vulnerabilities and checks system health.

WackGet & NZB -  Not too sure about these, but they look like they are both download managers.

Chris Control - This scans the target IP for VNC or RDP and then connects to it.

CpuZ - I think we all know what this is, but for those who don't it's a system hardware scanner. It checks what type of mempry and what type of CPU you have.

FileZilla - A wonderful FTP client.

Good 2 Install - These are the setup programs for AllSnap and Launchy

Good Reading - An ebook about lock -picking

HoverIP - "HoverIP is a useful set of network utilities, that can display your IP configuration (on all network cards), perform NsLookup queries, Traceroute, Ping, and port scanning. In addition, it can also help you manage your routing table and contains a database of ports with their assigned functionality." -- SnapFiles

MadMACs - MAC address and host name changer. Made by IronGeek.

Karen's Apps - This is a hash lookup and creation program as far as I can tell.

KeePass - Keeps all your passwords in a safe place.

NetMeter - Plots your download and upload speeds on a graph.

NetStumbler - "NetStumbler is a tool for Windows that allows you to detect Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) using 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g." -- Included help file

PSPad - Notepad on steroids. It has syntax highlighting and etcetera.

RegSeeker - "RegSeeker includes a powerful registry cleaner and can display various informations like your startup entries, several histories (even index.dat files), installed applications and much more!" -- hoverdesk.net

SysInternals - Way too many EXE's to explain them all

TrueCrypt - Encryption on the fly

Uninstall Tool - Add/Remove Programs on steroids. It's fast and effective.

Universal Extractor - Will extract practically any archive file.

WhoLockMe - Tells you what processes are accessing a file and not allowing it to be deleted.

XP Virtual CD - "This free program for Windows XP lets you create a virtual CD drive on your hard disk." -- The Software Patch

XVI32 - Freeware hex editor

baregrep.exe (BareGrep) - Grep on acid on Windows

BURNCDCC.EXE (BurnCDCC) - ISO burner

dnswalker.exe (DNSWalker) - "Locate hosts without port scanning" -- PenTester

Driver Collector.exe (Driver Collector) - "a tool designed to find and collect installed windows drivers for the hardware you select on your PC. Once you tell it which type of drivers you want to collect, it will copy them to a specific folder." -- TechNibble

Foxit Reader.exe (Foxit Reader) - Lightweight PDF reader

FSCapture.exe (Fast Stone Capture) - Screen capturer and editor

Hiren's.BootCD.9.1.iso (Hiren's BootCD 9.1) - I can't explain it all. Go here.

idserve.exe (ID Serve) - "ID Serve quickly and easily identifies the web server software running any web site." -- Background tab in idserve.exe

ipnetinfo.exe (IP Net Info) - I haven't the slightest notion what this does

LockNote.exe (Lock Note) - Notepad with encryption.

mplayerc.exe (Media Player Classic) - This appears to play a ton of file types and codecs.

PStart.exe (PStart) - Application launcher

putty.exe (PuTTY) - Everybody's favorite connection/network thing (what would you call it? Telnet client?)

siw.exe (System Information for Windows) - Grabs system information on Windows machines. Who would have guessed that?

smsniff.exe (SmartSniff) - Packet sniffer

SpaceMonger.exe (Space Monger) - Drive/file visualization

stinger.exe (Stinger) - Virus scanner for certain viruses (at time of writing 187)

SuperScan4.exe (Super Scan 4.0) - "SuperScan 4 is a completely-rewritten update of the highly popular Windows port scanning tool, SuperScan. Here are some of the new features in this version." -- FoundStone

TCPOptimizer.exe (SG TCP Optimizer) - I think this optimizes the TCP

udc.exe (Update Checker) - This is neat. It checks what programs you have and sends you to a File Hippo page with any updates.

utorrent.exe (µTorrent) - Lightweight BitTorrent client

vncviewer.exe (VNC Viewer) - Uh... It allows you to connect to VNC servers

win32whois.exe (Win32Whois) - Runs a "WHOIS" on domains you enter

winscp382.exe (WinSCP) - A GUI for SCP (secure file copy)

Wow. That took a lot of time. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Mubix, could you upload your PStart.xml or at least tell us how you organized it? I'm drowning in too much good stuff!

nice list man I'm glad someone copied all that down

The only things I copied were the things in quotes ("$things" -- $source). The rest I just ran and saw what they did. It was worthwhile, though.