Probing me!!!!

philbot500

Hey all,

Just looking at my firewall log and I see loads of ip's hitting those netBIOS/ip ports, 135 seems to be the one and some others, 32904 seems to be popular.

tried to google these but all I get is "IM, Nesend and skype"

Is there any way to find out who these people are or do they just spoof IP addresses?

They seem to come from the same places i.e.

89.243.x.y

It isn't an emergency, as my firewall blocks them, so there no trouble to me, but it's all about learning, isn't it?

hope for a constructive reply soon,

Phil.

(Some time later!!) I think this should probably be in the "questions", but I don't know how to move it.

Hey all,

Just looking at my firewall log and I see loads of ip's hitting those netBIOS/ip ports, 135 seems to be the one and some others, 32904 seems to be popular.

tried to google these but all I get is "IM, Nesend and skype"

Is there any way to find out who these people are or do they just spoof IP addresses?

They seem to come from the same places i.e.

89.243.x.y

It isn't an emergency, as my firewall blocks them, so there no trouble to me, but it's all about learning, isn't it?

hope for a constructive reply soon,

Phil.

(Some time later!!) I think this should probably be in the "questions", but I don't know how to move it.

There's no way to find out who they are, but they aren't spoofing their IP address.