WireLess Debian 4.0 Etch NetInst Chalence

Zacariaz

I've been trying to figure out how to do a NetInst of Debian 4. 0 Etch using my Wireless connection.

Now the problem is of course that the Debian installer does not include driver and stuff for your wireless devices, and after that I'm lost.  I cannot understand why this is so hard, but i have asked a lot around, without getting a positive answer.

Now this is not that important, but is a challenge i think.

Regards

I've been trying to figure out how to do a NetInst of Debian 4. 0 Etch using my Wireless connection.

Now the problem is of course that the Debian installer does not include driver and stuff for your wireless devices, and after that I'm lost.  I cannot understand why this is so hard, but i have asked a lot around, without getting a positive answer.

Now this is not that important, but is a challenge i think.

Regards

as far as I know this will be just about imposable is there no way you can plug in via cable just to do the install?

Can't you just make a custom installer with the wi-fi support foy your card?

It was something like that i was thinking, however i have no idea what soever how.

For reasons hard to explain i can connect via cable.

NB: wireless device is: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

I really wouldn't recommend a wireless network install of any OS to be honest, its slower, harder to config, prone to crap-outs and a all around general bad idea. For a purely academic project it would be interesting, but not for production imo.