Keylogger that works on Docking Station?

SFI_

I would like to use a keylogger on a docking station that connects to laptops via USB-C. The keylogger should not require a keyboard to be plugged into it. Does this type of product exist? If so, what is an example?

That makes things "a bit" easier for sure if trying to use a hardware keylogger. It's how the Key Croc is designed to work. There are generally no guarantees that problems will always be avoided. Things can always happen depending on the circumstances.

On the other hand, if someone can retrofit a keyboard with a KeyCroc, it stands to reason that one could do the same with a docking station. Or simply switch out the keyboard for a Keelog Forensic Keylogger Keyboard. There is also the KeyGrabber Forensic Keylogger Module. 

Thanks for all your help, guys.

The issue that I'm trying to overcome is the fact that the user will not be using an external keyboard, and will be using their laptop directly. They will be using a wireless mouse that has a dongle, so now I'm thinking I should somehow attach the donger to the usb device, so that they have to use the dongle attached to a keylogger. Would this work, or would this type of setup run into issues with the mouse not working?

If the keyboard is not attached to the dongle along with the mouse, you can't. If it's unify, look into the logitacker project 🙂
or simply just use a software keylogger on the laptop, that will always work.

Or, build some kind of mod on the docking station, as someone else suggested. Have fun 😉