Armitage connection problem

Phantom69

Hi 

i've an isssue with armitage, i've done the procedures for the armitage launch on Kali linux. 

As i launch on the normal  way i have 

The authentication type 10 is not supported. 

Check that you have configured the pg_haba.conf file to include the client's IP address or subnet, and that it is using an authentication scheme supported by the driver. 

Do anyone have this error?

On console i have this

[*] Starting msfrpcd for you.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by sleep.engine.atoms.ObjectAccess (file:/usr/share/armitage/armitage.jar) to method java.lang.ProcessImpl.getErrorStream()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of sleep.engine.atoms.ObjectAccess
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[*] MSGRPC starting on 127.0.0.1:55553 (NO SSL):Msg...
[*] MSGRPC ready at 2022-01-20 11:03:12 -0500.

Can anyone have a solution for this please? 

On console i have this

$ sudo msfdb init && msfconsole
[sudo] password for kali: 
[i] Database already started
[+] Creating database user 'msf'
[+] Creating databases 'msf'
[+] Creating databases 'msf_test'
[+] Creating configuration file '/usr/share/metasploit-framework/config/database.yml'
[+] Creating initial database schema

`:oDFo:`                            
                                           ./ymM0dayMmy/.                          
                                        -+dHJ5aGFyZGVyIQ==+-                    
                                    `:sm⏣~~Destroy.No.Data~~s:`                
                                 -+h2~~Maintain.No.Persistence~~h+-              
                             `:odNo2~~Above.All.Else.Do.No.Harm~~Ndo:`          
                          ./etc/shadow.0days-Data'%20OR%201=1--.No.0MN8'/.      
                       -++SecKCoin++e.AMd`       `.-://///+hbove.913.ElsMNh+-    
                      -~/.ssh/id_rsa.Des-                  `htN01UserWroteMe!-                                                                            
                      :dopeAW.No<nano>o                     :is:TЯiKC.sudo-.A:                                                                            
                      :we're.all.alike'`                     The.PFYroy.No.D7:                                                                            
                      :PLACEDRINKHERE!:                      yxp_cmdshell.Ab0:                                                                            
                      :msf>exploit -j.                       :Ns.BOB&ALICEes7:                                                                            
                      :---srwxrwx:-.`                        `MS146.52.No.Per:                                                                            
                      :<script>.Ac816/                        sENbove3101.404:                                                                            
                      :NT_AUTHORITY.Do                        `T:/shSYSTEM-.N:                                                                            
                      :09.14.2011.raid                       /STFU|wall.No.Pr:                                                                            
                      :hevnsntSurb025N.                      dNVRGOING2GIVUUP:                                                                            
                      :#OUTHOUSE-  -s:                       /corykennedyData:                                                                            
                      :$nmap -oS                              SSo.6178306Ence:                                                                            
                      :Awsm.da:                            /shMTl#beats3o.No.:                                                                            
                      :Ring0:                             `dDestRoyREXKC3ta/M:                                                                            
                      :23d:                               sSETEC.ASTRONOMYist:                                                                            
                       /-                        /yo-    .ence.N:(){ :|: & };:                                                                            
                                                 `:Shall.We.Play.A.Game?tron/                                                                             
                                                 ```-ooy.if1ghtf0r+ehUser5`                                                                               
                                               ..th3.H1V3.U2VjRFNN.jMh+.`                                                                                 
                                              `MjM~~WE.ARE.se~~MMjMs                                                                                      
                                               +~KANSAS.CITY's~-`                                                                                         
                                                J~HAKCERS~./.`                                                                                            
                                                .esc:wq!:`                                                                                                
                                                 +++ATH`                                                                                                  
                                                  `                          

=[ metasploit v6.1.25-dev                          ]
+ -- --=[ 2192 exploits - 1162 auxiliary - 400 post       ]
+ -- --=[ 596 payloads - 45 encoders - 10 nops            ]
+ -- --=[ 9 evasion                                       ]

Metasploit tip: Use the resource command to run 
commands from a file

msf6 > 
msf6 > db_status 
[*] Connected to msf. Connection type: postgresql.
msf6 > sessions -v

Active sessions
===============

No active sessions.

but as i launch 

# service postgresql status                                          130 ⨯
● postgresql.service - PostgreSQL RDBMS
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; disabled; vendo>
     Active: active (exited) since Thu 2022-01-20 10:19:48 EST; 49min ago
    Process: 3716 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 3716 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 2ms

Jan 20 10:19:48 kali systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL RDBMS...
Jan 20 10:19:48 kali systemd[1]: Finished PostgreSQL RDBMS.

metasploit on kali version is  metasploit v6.1.25-dev  

and my kali is the last version .

[*] exec: uname -a

Linux kali 5.15.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.15.5-2kali2 (2021-12-22) x86_64 GNU/Linux

i'm running it on a VM on vmware workstation. 

hope you can help, it's 2 days i'm getting crazy

Stop using Armitage 🙂

Use the MSF console, it's much better. Armitage can cause problems and errors, so stick to what works, the console 🙂

Fun aside. I testet it on a fully updated Kali, and just started Armitage from the Kali menu, no problems.
Just tell it to start msf-rpc when asked, and try it that way.
Don't start MSF first from a console, just Armitage, and see what happens..

• 1 month later...

This is to do with how postgresql 13+ versions authenticate.

Step 1.
In file explorer navigate to etc/postgresql/14/main

Step 2.
Open pg_hba.conf in Mousepad and find the line 
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 scram-sha-256

change the line to 
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

*NB the file may be read only, in which case open terminal and follow Step 3

Step 3.
Open Terminal type the following
sudo chmod 777 /etc/postgresql/14/main/pg_hba/conf 

*Now return to Step 2.

Step 4. 
Open Terminal and type the following

# Start the PostgreSQL Database
systemctl start postgresql
# Initialize the Metasploit Framework Database 
msfdb init
# Start Armitage
armitage

Step 5. Success!

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, Phantom69 said:

Hi 

i've an isssue with armitage, i've done the procedures for the armitage launch on Kali linux. 

As i launch on the normal  way i have 

The authentication type 10 is not supported. 

Check that you have configured the pg_haba.conf file to include the client's IP address or subnet, and that it is using an authentication scheme supported by the driver. 

Do anyone have this error?

On console i have this

[*] Starting msfrpcd for you.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by sleep.engine.atoms.ObjectAccess (file:/usr/share/armitage/armitage.jar) to method java.lang.ProcessImpl.getErrorStream()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of sleep.engine.atoms.ObjectAccess
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[*] MSGRPC starting on 127.0.0.1:55553 (NO SSL):Msg...
[*] MSGRPC ready at 2022-01-20 11:03:12 -0500.

Can anyone have a solution for this please Hustlers University Tate

I am also facing the same issue.

Archived